Where is the 6800GS AGP!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
Ok, I thought the 6800GS AGP was to arrive three weeks into December. This is really aggravating, because for most stuck with AGP motherboards, we need this card. There isn't even an alternative! The 6800XT sucks in performance when compared to the 6600GT, and under pressure, the 6600GT just doesn't cut it. That's it though, the 6800, 6800GT and 6800U are totally gone and not even on the shelves (and I'm not paying $400 at bestbuy for a slightly overclocked AGP 6800GT).

So Nvidia, where is it? It isn't like Nvidia to respond slowly to releases of their cards, that's ATi's job!

I'm with you. I've been looking for this, but I can't find it anywhere. I know it's not released, but I've been keeping my eyes peeled. Maybe it's just some kind of cruel rumor.

Ryan

Yea I actualy just found that site, it just doesn't look to reputable and I'd like to order everything from Newegg.com

Plus, I'd bet they don't even have it in stock yet, it's one of those deals where you pay now, and when they get it in they ship it to you.

Thanks for the though.

Hmm alright I'll look into it, maybe I'll order off that site depending on shipping. I mean I'd really like more of a selection.

Just making sure, that an AGP slot is an AGP slot right, like although cards have AGP 2x, 4x or 8x, the AGP slot on the motherboard accepts any speed right?

Brtnboarder495 said:
Just making sure, that an AGP slot is an AGP slot right, like although cards have AGP 2x, 4x or 8x, the AGP slot on the motherboard accepts any speed right?

you can work with x4 and x8 AGP but x2 might use a different voltage so you have to be careful

man i should have ordered my pc with a 6800ultra wen they were out but noo i had to get the 6800 gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom