When should i get my new computer! (No patienice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazama

Daemon Poster
I need a **** new computer now!.. The best computer i have is a comp back in 1999 :( my brother has the best comp. But i want my computer to be in the long run before i upgrade some more.

So when should i get my new computer? Ive seriously cant wait so long until the new GF 8 series comes out :(

I'll sell you one, or you can wait till socket AM2 is out and then you can build a computer without worry that it won't be compatiable with Vista.

Ive heard AM2 is not much of an boost, If i wait until June what would i be able to get and is that the best period? ta.

Ive heard AM2 is not much of an boost

It will only be as good as the DDR2 available. AM2's release is set to coincide with the release of 887(?) DDR2, which should actually be able to come closer to keeping up with the CPU.

Besides, all the benchies out there for AM2 are for preproduction chips, using preproduction chipsets, and today's laggy DDR2.

I have a feeling that once AM2 is out, and there is some decently clocked and tightened DDR2, the benchies will really shoot upward.

ricanflow said:
i would just build a budget system for now, and save up for an extreme powerhouse

er.. am building a xtreme gaming rig... but just wanna do it now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom