what's missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestarter

Beta member
dear friends
i am not a computer expert, (that's why i'm asking you for help), lately i installed a a second 250 Gig drive (slave, ata133) in my not so new Dimension 2400, but whenever i pull information (mainly to watch films) it's data flow is slow, and the films can't be played, they do play from the master drive (80 gig that came with the system), is it the RAID configuration that make the data flow a little slower from the slave, or am i missing something? does anyone have any idea to solve this one.
thanks a lot

I try to have all my devices on their own channel. I still have IDE, one optical drive and one harddrive, they are on their own seperate channels. You may have both drives hooked up through one cable, which impedes data flow.

get rid of the RAID setup and try just installing it as a drive... Since it's an older system, it might not like 3rd party RAID drivers, or the drives, etc... but also as stated above... use a single cable for each if you can... if not, make sure you have the master slave jumper set correctly if the drives require it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom