What's a good MoBo to go w/ this processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyman_33

Baseband Member
Processor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116224

Intel Pentium 4 506 Prescott 533MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor - Retail

I want a motherboard that will work with this processor. Also, is that a good processor? (P.S. I don't want an AMD)

But the thing is, how can I tell if my current motherboard is compatible with that processor? I currently have a pentium 4 at 1.8 ghz.

Other specs of my system are:

80 gig HD
9700 Pro ATI video card
1024 mb of RAM

Would all those things still be compatible with this motherboard? Also, do I need ot worry about anything else like the soundcard being compatible?

I'm pretty new to all this so thanks for helping me and being patient.

-Kyle

I don't think I will be overclocking, but I just need something that will work well and be compatible. Nothing fancy, just something that works. Anyone got a link for one that works?

When you say "just something that works", you're saying you want to sacrifice function for cost?
Because you can get REALLY cheap MSI and Jetway motherboards for like 20 and 30 dollars. I'm betting they're not built like tanks, though...

I'm willing to drop up to like $100 or even $150. I just need an idea of what is good and what the costs are. Cost isn't really a problem, as long as its not like $200+, because I want to spend my money on other things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom