What's the fastest processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyr

In Runtime
....out of these two, which would be the faster combination.

3400+ Newcastle on a s754 nForce3 board

3200+ Venice on a s939 nForce4 board

what should I get?

That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure that the s939 architecture didn't make the 3200+ Venice faster. haha

Yeah, I'll probably get the 3400+ because the guy I'm building the computer for isn't going to be overclocking or even upgrading the CPU anytime in the foreseeable future.

edit: Whoa, I didn't mean to post this in the overclocking section, my bad!

not necessary, as if you are building with 1 gb (2 x 512 mb) for exampl, the 939 platform will allow dual channel while the 754 does not, so the 939 will be even if not outperform the 754 overall

So you're saying that dual channel makes that much of a difference? Having your ram running in dual channel will make up for 400Mhz of speed in the CPU? I'm not so sure about that......anyone else have an opinion about this?

will h4x 4 food said:
yea get the 3200...dual channel has a much bigger performance boost than .2 ghz.
Actually it has barely any difference at all, but 939 is still a better idea. You can easily OC that 3200+ by 0.2ghz.

Actualy dual channel has a bigger effect than anybody thinks. What 939 has that 754 dosent IS the dual channel capability which gives for alot more memory bandwidth than signel channel. More memory bandwidth means alot and will sure mean more than a 200mhz clock.

acually it's a 400MHz clock difference between the 3200+ and the 3400+.....

but yeah I probably will go with s939 just for the sake of being able to upgrade alot further.

I may not be able to overclock this system at all because it is not for me. I'm building this system for my uncle and I'm not sure how he feels about overclocking.

Anyway I'll go with s939 then for the reason I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom