Originally posted by FghtinIrshNvrDi
performance - desktop
portable - smaller desktop
I'm partial to desktops. I really can't stand laptops at all. They're for business people. The computer market has pretended to invent lots of purposes for them that don't exist. For example: College students need a laptop so they can 'take notes in class.' This is the lamest thing I've ever heard. I'm in college, and shake my head at kids that bring computers to class.
Vote goes to Desktop
why woudlnt you bring your laptop to class?
1. you DO take notes with it. it's a hell of a lot easier typing out quick 4-5 sentences than it is writing it out. then, you don't get behind in the lecture for writing stuff down.
2. you can use YOUR computer while doing your assignments instead of the school computers, which, for th emost part...arn't all that fast and have MANY admin stuff disabled.
3. your work is on YOUR computer to start with. you don't have to go from school computer to jump to your computer.
4. if you are bored...you can do other stuff on the computer...maybe some work for another class.or........game *looks around*
5. you can take your laptop with you everywhere. you need to go and study...you have your laptop, and if you need to add/modify stuff, easy as highlighting and typin' in a few words...or...if your going away and want to work on it in the car/plane, it's all good.
i prefer desktops for the gamin' and it has more power.
but when it comes to word processing, appz for school such as VB, frontpage, etc....i don't find that big of a difference except for portability in the latop.