Whats the best processor I can throw on my Mobo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you still getting another computer, or are you already on a new one? This thread has gotten really off topic kind of interesting though.

Lets be honest, if AMD dies, then we'll get stuck paying 200$ for crap CPU's, and all you Intel groupies know it. Oh wait whats that, you already do pay 200$ for crap CPU's, other then the Q6600, every other CPU in that price range is over priced, and "performs" barely any better. By the way I m not a fan of AMD Quads either, seeing how awful they are at the moment. Besides lets look at AMD shall we, they have 2.5ghz dual core selling for 60$. While Intel has the E7200 (which is a good CPU) but at 132$. The prices are falling and being slashed, yet Intel stays like a rock, and decides to keep their prices there. Its one of the reasons I think whoever mentioned the Tricores being a good thing was right. Because the Tricores will basically be the only chips people will be able to afford.

So are you still getting another computer, or are you already on a new one? This thread has gotten really off topic kind of interesting though.

hey its all good :)

I actually ordered a new one http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/final-build-ordering-today-please-check-out-0-a-177082/

BUT I picked up a HD2600XT 512mb AGP video card to see if I could get my dinoaur to even run the game at all....and it did !

Its only a P4 2.5 , I threw in 2 gigs of sdram, and the new video card, and it runs ! I'm only getting like 15-30 fps in high lag areas.... but its definatly playable (untill the new Computer is built)...then I can use this one to have Age of Conan parties at my house :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom