Whats the best processor I can throw on my Mobo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after installing my new HD2600XT AGP 512 card....I have finaly been convinced that my dinosaur is extinct :p

Almost finished Collecting the part list for my new rig now :)

My HD 2600 PRO breathed life in to my current system Its really a great AGP card for old AGP systems and I can play Oblivion on very high detail with good FPS. :)

so are just going to hold off of the socket 478CPU and just get a new system?

Hmmm, good point. In that case then it seems AMD is just playing dirty. Pushing people towards their tri-cores rather then the quads that run so much hotter. But yeah you are right, I wasn't too aware of the past conflicts AMD and Intel have had. So it seems that AMD is the underdog. Hope they pull it off and slay Intel.......... *just had his first geek moment*

Hmmm, good point. In that case then it seems AMD is just playing dirty. Pushing people towards their tri-cores rather then the quads that run so much hotter.
uh, what?
It isn't a dirty tactic to offer a middle ground between duals and quads....
of course it's going to use less power, it has one less core.
If people want the higher overall performance, they'll get a quad.
But yeah you are right, I wasn't too aware of the past conflicts AMD and Intel have had. So it seems that AMD is the underdog. Hope they pull it off and slay Intel.......... *just had his first geek moment*
I hope so too. Well maybe not kill them off... but at least yank them off their monopoly

Hmmm, good point. In that case then it seems AMD is just playing dirty. Pushing people towards their tri-cores rather then the quads that run so much hotter. But yeah you are right, I wasn't too aware of the past conflicts AMD and Intel have had. So it seems that AMD is the underdog. Hope they pull it off and slay Intel.......... *just had his first geek moment*

that wouldn't be good because if intel or AMD dies then that means that one has a monopoly and can just make crappy CPU's and sell them at a high price. It will also slow advances in CPU's because without competition their will be less pressure to put more CPU's out to beat the competitor... But I don't see the point in hating Intel or AMD just get whichever one is better at the time.

Actually if AMD dies (which is far more likely at this time) Intel will still have to make improved new products to keep sales since they can no longer increase there market share. If Intel's new products are not better than their predecessors people would have no reason to upgrade.

Actually if AMD dies (which is far more likely at this time) Intel will still have to make improved new products to keep sales since they can no longer increase there market share. If Intel's new products are not better than their predecessors people would have no reason to upgrade.
They don't necessarily have to increase market share; just maintain it. They could easily become another Creative, for example.

Amd will not die....

Yes theyre smaller than Intel, but still make billions in revenue.

Quoted from wiki:
AMD is the second-largest global supplier of microprocessors based on the x86 architecture after Intel Corporation, and the third-largest supplier of graphics processing units. It also owns 21 percent of Spansion, a supplier of non-volatile flash memory. In 2007, AMD ranked eleventh among semiconductor manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom