Whats the best processor I can throw on my Mobo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, did I say that ? No
Not explicitly, but you would want us to believe it.
Until now I posted two reviews, and you haven't show us any review that shows a different thing
There are only like one or two reviews that actually have a 6000+/6400+ and an E7200
however:
946555tn2.gif

I remember my 6000+ getting a higher CPU score than that.
Just do search in google and you will see that almost all reviews for E7200 is showing similar results. Are all those reviews are fake ?!!
what, you mean all two of them?

I'm recommending to him the best CPU within his budget. E7200 performs very well, and it overclocks very well
and is more expensive than the 5000+ and far more expensive than the 3600+

But personally, the only reason I need to go for AMD is the fact that Intel forcibly stole market share from AMD that they didn't deserve when they had their Netburst architecture, and the money they go from it, coupled with the real beating the Netburst processors were taking with the K8 processors is probably the only reason the Core 2 exists, and why AMD is finding things hard financially, despite having a superior product for years....

Intel are ****holes. and you have AMD to thank for Core 2's existence.

I am not saying Intel is always better because that is not the case. However in this situation the E7200 is the best performance wise and the E2180 is the best bang for you buck (when overclocked).

Those 3dmark06 scores show a $132 E7200 beating a >$150 Phenom Tri core which means the E7200 has better price/performance. Plus the E7200 can overclock to 4ghz on air cooling which no AMD cpu can come close to.

BTW I am not an Intel fan, I am a fan of whoever has the best performance.

I am not saying Intel is always better because that is not the case. However in this situation the E7200 is the best performance wise and the E2180 is the best bang for you buck (when overclocked).
I personally think the 3600+ Brisbane is the best value CPU.

Those 3dmark06 scores show a $132 E7200 beating a >$150 Phenom Tri core
It doesn't always beat it.
which means the E7200 has better price/performance. Plus the E7200 can overclock to 4ghz on air cooling which no AMD cpu can come close to.
the Phenom 8000 series CPU's have 3 cores, however. That's its advantage, and why it costs more.

3 cores work better when you have multi-threaded applications.

^^ You have a point with the 3600+ x2 being a good value.

The overall score for the E7200 is higher in 3dmark 06 than the Phenom 8600x3 so my original statement is correct however once again you have a point with the tri core being better at multi threaded applications.

Dude the Q9300 sucks if you want to overclock, it has a low multiplier and a Low FSB Hole, if you want to buy a Yorkfield Processor wait for the Q9550, and it'll probably go to 4.0ghz pretty easily

I didn't know man, I just saw Quad, 2.5ghz, and 95 watts then all of a sudden my jaw dropped and the drooling commenced . Still though I m in awe of all the improvement and evolving Intel is doing at the moment. While AMD is trailing behind with 120 watt Tri Cores............... kind of sad. But I really have faith they will at least continue making decent bang for the buck graphics cards.

I really hope they don't loose the battle to Nvidia and take it lying down.

A physics card may benefit you if you want some more FPS and if you do decided to make a better rig down the road you can use it in your new rig. The only problem is it is about $120. But that Celeron 2.8GHz is pretty good for only $17 I don't know how it overclocks...

And isn't this thread about the best single core CPU he can get for socket 478?

I didn't know man, I just saw Quad, 2.5ghz, and 95 watts then all of a sudden my jaw dropped and the drooling commenced . Still though I m in awe of all the improvement and evolving Intel is doing at the moment. While AMD is trailing behind with 120 watt Tri Cores............... kind of sad.
JNo, their quad cores go up to 125W. Their highest end tri core has a TDP of 95W

And I think the reason Intel is doing so well now, is because they basically stole market they didn't deserve when they had Netburst processors.
AMD should have done a lot better than they did with K8. But they couldn't get nearly as much market penetration, because they were basically blocked.

Now, AMD has to do R&D with a very restricted budget, while Intel, with far more money from their sales, was able to just throw as much money into R&D as they needed just to win against AMD.
Though that's something they would never have done if K8 processors weren't so much better than Netburst processors.

Though I think AMD has actually done an amazing job of doing a lot with an extremely limited amount of resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom