Whats the best processor I can throw on my Mobo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I should have linked to the index of the article. I was referring to all of the benchmarks, which are on multiple pages, as a whole not just Sysmark.

STARMICRO INC. - Detail

that is a celeron 2.8GHz for $17 (without tax and shipping)... you can just OC it to 3.0GHz. I have never bought anything off of star micro so I don't know how good it is, but if it's good I may get that for my system.

best of luck to you :)

Why didn't nobody notice that this was a Single Core Celeron thats Socket 478!

Not really. They have a higher IPC, but being Core 2 doesn't automatically make them above all X2's.

Why you are saying "not really" ? Do you have a proof that he is wrong ?

E7200 at stock speeds is faster than the fastest AMD X2 (6400+)

X-bit labs - Three Cores vs. Two: AMD Phenom X3 8750 Review (page 6)

AnandTech: AMD's Phenom X3 8000 Series: Fighting Two Cores with Three?

When someone post a review, look at all pages not just one

In gaming (which is 90% of where he might notice a difference), it isn't all that much faster

Besides, the 5000+ BE is $86

E2200 cost $79 and it will perform almost as good as AMD 5000+
X-bit labs - Contemporary Dual-Core Processors Shootout (page 3)

I know 5000+ is cheaper than E7200, but remember that at stock speeds the difference between 5000+ and E7200 in terms of performance in not small. E7200 did perform better than 6400+ in the majority of the benchmarks at stock speeds(check the reviews I posted).

EDIT Note: The review he posted compares E7200 to 6400+, not to 5000+. If you compare E7200 to 5000+ the difference in speed would be even greater.

Black edition chips aren't low end when they overclock past 3GHZ.

E2180, and E2200 can get past 3GHz, and both those chips would have better overall performance than 5000+ at the same clock speed, and both are cheaper

E7200 can get up to 4GHz, but at stock speeds it is faster than any AMD X2 anyway

And thats an expensive motherboard ^^

He can get GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3 with E7200 and it will cost the same as 5000+ with that motherboard

Why you are saying "not really"
Uh, because I'm disagreeing.... why else?
Right, because one review page with a limited game selection and limited sample size which isn't even about X2's and only shows one particular model which had about a 2 fps difference in most cases automatically makes it completely superior.
When someone post a review, look at all pages not just one
Uh, I did.
That review just happened to only have gaming on one page.
Perhaps you should look at more reviews than just the ones that make Intel look good.
E2200 cost $79 and it will perform almost as good as AMD 5000+
X-bit labs - Contemporary Dual-Core Processors Shootout (page 3)
In other words, you're actually admitting that an AMD processor is faster. That's a first.

I know 5000+ is cheaper than E7200
You failed to mention how much the price difference is.

E2180, and E2200 can get past 3GHz, and both those chips would have better overall performance than 5000+ at the same clock speed, and both are cheaper
Alright, if you're going to look at the really cheap end, an X2 3600+ costs $43. And it can also be overclocked past 3GHZ
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 3600+ Socket AM2 Processor ADO3600IAA4CU AMD 2.0GHz CPU 2 x 256KB L2 Cache 90nm SOI-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com
[edit]
this one's a Brisbane core:
AMD ADO3600IAA5DD Processor Processors & Upgrades
[/edit]
E7200 can get up to 4GHz, but at stock speeds it is faster than any AMD X2 anyway
see first quote.

And thats an expensive motherboard ^^
So look for a cheaper one then. There are plenty of good overclocking boards based on Nforce 570/590, 780a and 790X chipsets.
Oh, that's right. You will never look at AMD motherboards.

Uh, because I'm disagreeing.... why else?
Right, because one review page with a limited game selection and limited sample size which isn't even about X2's and only shows one particular model which had about a 2 fps difference in most cases automatically makes it completely superior.

Your post doesn't make any sense. What is problem if the review is not about X2 ? Does that make it unreliable ? It seems that any review that shows Intel faster than AMD is automatically unreliable according to you !!!

The particular model that xbitlabs benchmarked is AMD 6400+ which is the fastest AMD X2

In UT3 and world of conflict E7200 performed more than 10 fps faster than 6400+

Perhaps you should look at more reviews than just the ones that make Intel look good.

Show me the reviews that show that E7200 is overall not faster than 6400+ !?

You talk a lot but you can't show us any review that support your claims

You failed to mention how much the price difference is.

The reviews I posted clearly shows that E7200 is overall faster than 6400+. You ingnored the fact that we are comparing it to the fastest AMD x2

The 6400+ is faster than 5000+. We run not comparing E7200 to 5000+ but to 6400+

The performance difference between E7200 and 5000+ is not as small as you think

You ignored that fact that E7200 is not expensive and it is within his budget

In other words, you're actually admitting that an AMD processor is faster. That's a first.

E2200 performed better in 2 out of the 5 games benchmarked, but in non-gaming applications E2200 was overall better

Anyway, E2200 overclocked to its max would perform better than 5000+ overclocked to its max

You post don't make any sense. So, what is problem if the review is not about X2 ? Does that make it unreliable ? It seems that any review that shows Intel faster than AMD is automatically unreliable to you !!!
Oh, so you're saying we should all take every article that favours intel as 100% reliable?
The particular model that xbitlabs benchmarked is AMD 6400+ which is the fastest AMD X2
And it's a small sample size with a small selection of games, and it's one review.
In UT3 and world of conflict E7200 performs better more than 10 fps
which is an extreme example. They happen, and not just with Intel processors.

In almost every game, the difference in that particular review was a couple of fps. But let's just ignore that in favour of the rare and extreme examples, shall we?
you ignored that fact that E7200 is not expensive and it is within his budget
You ignored the fact that the 5000+ is cheaper, and that cheap AMD motherboards do exist.
I mean, if you really want to talk about cheap, you could grab a Brisbane 3600+ in a 780a or 780G board

Oh, so you're saying we should all take every article that favours intel as 100% reliable?

No, did I say that ? No

Until now I posted two reviews, and you haven't show us any review that shows a different thing

Just do search in google and you will see that almost all reviews for E7200 is showing similar results. Are all those reviews are fake ?!!

The article I posted doesn't favour Intel, it is just showing us the actual results.

mean, if you really want to talk about cheap

I'm recommending to him the best CPU within his budget. E7200 performs very well, and it overclocks very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom