What would u recommand for a new tower and PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRJ33445566

Beta member
I got a few hard drives (most of them Sata) some in Raids, but not enough PSU power plugs and need more tower space. With all those wires inside, it is a mess, not talking about some wires sometime hits the cpu fan. I need room to put several hdds in and room to have extra fans for them to not over heat. Plus it is always a pain to have to twist those hdds around just to put them in properly.

So what would you recommend for my needs?

You could look into a Drobo for some of the hard drives:
Data Robotics, Inc.

Then the device runs on a separate power supply (i.e. plugged in), and you don't have to worry about your computer's PSU and the internal wires. Otherwise, a bigger case will allow for more ventilation and more room to weave wires around other parts without interfering.

Drobo is great, but a bit pricey at around $500. I would say get the NZXT Tempest (it has room for easy installation of up to 8 hard drives, I believe) and the Corsair 750TX (has 8 SATA power connectors and many Peripheral power connectors used for fans and IDE hard drives).

case wise i would go for the coolermaster cosmos s or a antec twelve hundred just for size and wire management wise but for the psu go with the 750TX surgeVel suggested i have one and its a monster compared to otheres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom