What u think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
But will there ever be a need for more then 2gb? I'm sure in the future new technology will be making software and stuff, more demanding?

Whats wrong

I do video editing, and I need a high powered machanie, and I did not want to go to Apple as a like windows's editing programs, I'm sorry i dont understand what u mean about having 4GB it was a package and im sure windows XP Professional can handel it

The processor you have is very well, it rated pretty high on computer shoppers' processor tests. And 4 gigabytes of RAM is alot of RAM buddy. I dont know if the thing about windows that it cant work is true or not but might be too much.

With a 64-bit system.. of course you can run 4 gigs of memory stably. No question about it.. and for video editing? If you're using Adobe Premiere and you're processing high quality video, then yeah, lots of ram and a good processor are needed. Video editing is so much more demanding then anything else you can do on a pc.

the only way you can use more than 3gb of ram is x64 windows (or server 2003) which i would not normally reccomend but i your case (video editing) it may be better. i'm not to sure about the way x64 windows allocates memory but if it does similarly to standard windows, despite the fact it can use your 4gb it may not use it very effectively. in 32 bit windows the system doesn't use more than 2gb of ram very effectively and it is almost as if you only had 2gb anyway

Not sure about the 64 bit either but I know a lot of ram helps my vidoe editing I ordered it and it cost me R6 000 total what u think thats $1 000 what do u think of the price and that includes delivery on tuesday. Cant wait

I think you just wasted some money unless of course you are running Windows Server. Even if you are trying to future proof; guess what; by that time, the price of the RAM will probably have fallen.

As for the 64 X2 4400+ processor, it is a great choice.

But I do have to ask. If you have that kind of money for RAM, why not have gotten a 64 X@ 4800+ or F60 processor? Oh wait, you meant the processor plus RAM was $1000.00. Oh well, after you put the RAM in, do a test to see if whatever version of windows you are running is "really" using all 4 GBs.

K first of all u are getting 4GB which is too much for XP, 2GB is the best choice. You need 2GB, how can u get 4GB of Ram then use X64, that is terrible for video editing. x64 is not supported by all the drivers. so u want max performance from ram, and not max from all the other hardware. Buddy you just wasted A LOT of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom