What should I choose for a monitor

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Well I since I built my new system and can finally run SLI with my GTX470's (Not to worry it's just to hold me over until the 870 is out) And on top of things I may be finally closing on a house on the 18th if all goes right. SO I want a 1080P monitor and want a tad bigger than my 22 inch so I'm considering this one after researching the snot out of which one is the best bang for the buck.
Newegg.com - ViewSonic VA2703-LED Black 27" 3.4ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1200:1
Figured that is a great price for a 1080P in the size since I paid more than that for my 22" which is 1050 LOL (Yes I've had it a LONG time) then I thought about 1080P TV'S????? What would be the difference in using a 32" 1080P TV than using the Veiwsonic I'm thinking about. Would come in handy for well....Watching TV in my soon to be gaming room. But would it perform less than a monitor would. The little extra size would be nice but don't want to sacrifice quality in picture for a few extra inches.

Dauntae

THe thing to think about sizes over 24" is pixel/image stretch at 1080p. The bigger the screen the worse it gets looking at something less than 2ft from your face. The next thing is TVs can be treated different by display drivers causing washed out colors not giving full RGB. They can also have increased input lag due to the extra BS the panel might have like Trumotion and other such nonsense TVs have these days. If you can't get around all this you'll have a bad experience so typically for PC users I try to ward them away from TVs as their main viewing source.

I would suggest these over the Viewsonic honestly.
Newegg.com - LG 27EC33V-B Black 27" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 200 cd/m2 5,000,000:1
ASUS VE278Q Black 27" 1920x1080 Full HD CD Monitor w/Speakers - Newegg.com

And for the price if you want some brilliant colors this is pretty nice.
Newegg.com - LG 27EC33V-B Black 27" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 200 cd/m2 5,000,000:1

Back
Top Bottom