What should I change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo23

In Runtime
Hey I wanted to build my computer for the first time ever. I am 14 and am really into this. I know how to build it from videos but want some tips from experts. I made up a wishlist on NewEgg to show you guys what I am getting. I am also attaching my Xbox 360 to the monitor I am purchasing hence the reason the I added the Xbox VGA Cable and Optical Cable. I am really trying to keep this under $1500. Is there anything I am missing in the list? Is there anything I should get rid of or downgrade. I don't want to play Crysis on very high just some random gaming like San Andreas and Oblivion.

Wish list details

I'm kinda in a rush here so I'll keep it general.

You have 2 different rams listed, even if you want 3gb of ram try to keep them the same. Get a better power supply, don't cheap out on it. Get an aftermarket cpu HSF. Maybe get a soundcard too if your getting that speaker set.

Is the sound card really needed? Also that hard drive is not the same speed, it is 7200 RPM, the one I had is 10,000 RPM. Why do I need to change the PSU, is 630 enough?

The sound card is optional only, I'm just suggesting that to take full advantage of your speakers a nice sound card will help.

The PSU you selected is really crappy, when you buy a psu the amps on the +12v rails are the important thing, not the max watts. The more amps on the +12v the better. Also you really should buy a good psu since it is powering your whole computer, you don't want a crappy psu to damage your parts.

Yes, the raptor is faster with 10,000 rpm compared to the 7,200rpm of the seagate.

this may seem so but the cache is more in the seagate and cache size matters in seleting a HDD if your gona have fast read times. and plus why waste all that money on such a smaller drive that just has more RPMS?

this may seem so but the cache is more in the seagate and cache size matters in seleting a HDD if your gona have fast read times. and plus why waste all that money on such a smaller drive that just has more RPMS?

Maybe I didn't say enough, from my post before, the raptor is faster in terms of rpm compared to the seagae, but like DawnofDoom said, overall the seagate will be the faster drive.

okay makes sense now srry for the confusion. didnt read the post well lol. i thought you were saying that the raptor was still better because of the RPMS

Can you guys suggest another HDD then? I have no need for 500GB, right now I'm using 47GB. :/ How many watts should I have on a PSU and I really don't want to spend over $100 on a PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom