What shall i get for Christmas ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanServer

Baseband Member
Hello,
I am contimplating what to get for christmas. right now i am running a AMD Athlon 2800+ 2.00 GHZ. Would it still be beneficial to get the new AMD athlon 64 3700+ even if i am not going to hey windows XP 64 bit. The reason that i dont want to get XP 64 bit is because i have heard of some serious problems with it. Will i still notice a difference eventhough i am not gettin the new OS. And another thing, right now i have dual displays running of one video card. I am getting another video card with digital and analog outs similar to the one that i already have. What software should i used in order to support the 4 monitors that i will be running. They will either be running 4 in a row or on top of eachother

Thanks,
SeanServer

Most of us here run Athlon 64, some are switching over to 64 x2 dual cores, like me. Most of us also just run XP Pro, no need for XP 64. My Athlon 3800+ X2 runs perfectly fine with XP Pro, you just got to make sure you load the proper drivers correctly. Until i hear about how XP 64 is a 1000% improvement, I'm sticking with good old XP Pro. As for 4 monitors on 1 PC? That seems overkill to me, never seen such a setup before. I have dual 19"s flat panels, and it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom