Looking at getting one of these boards:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Mobos:
P5Q SE 24+4 Pin Power
P5Q SE Plus 24+4Pin Power
P5QC 24+8Pin Power

BUT with this PSU:
Antec EarthWatts 650W PSU - 80Plus Certified 12cm Fan 3x 12V Rails - Ebuyer
Does it mean with the 3X4 Pin that I could use for boards with 24 & 4Pin AND 24 & 8Pin or have I read the 3X4 Pin power on the extended specs wrong????

With the PSU having Power 24Pin ATX with a detachable 4Pin section does that measn that the Asus P5QC is out with it having the:
24-pin ATX Power connector
8-pin ATX 12V Power connector

If so, HOW can you tell waht PSU to get if it doesn't list the Power connectors it has? some sites DON'T. I will alos be having a,
ZOTAC GTX260 192 Core SYNERGY EDITION 896MB DDR3 Dual DVI HDTV PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card With Free Terminator Salvation Game Download While Stocks Last - Ebuyer

Gcard. Will the PSU support this?

Thank you,
Shaun.

Your asus links broke..

The 24pin with detachable 4 s for older 20 pin boards so to maske it work, you just undo the extra 4.

I believe, the linked psu has only 1 pci-e plug, so you'll be 1 short and have to use the 4 pin to 6 pin adaptor.

For a 650W psu, its sorta lacking. Try the corsair 650tx
Corsair 650W TX Series PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail - Ebuyer
or even the 520hx which isa modular.. I loved mine till i ran out of pci-e plugs.
Corsair 520W HX Series Modular PSU - ATX12V v2.2 APFC - Ebuyer

I ran oc'd q6600 and a 260 oc'd.

I'm alittle confused on the Antec, as i think it has a only a 24pin plus a 4 pin. The other 4 pin is again for older boards.

If you check the corsair it has, the 24, an 8 pin, and the other 4 pin.

NOW that said, you don't always have to have the 8 pin... I think dual cores run fine, and 8 is needed for quads and higher ocing.

Other than saying, yes both will work on the above boards, The Antec might not work for your specific setup.

I'm pretty much at the edge of my knowledge now, so someone will have to put the final say, especiallky if you tell us the processor you're using.

And the 520hx, though 520W will easily power your setup, and is modular for better management.

See the Antec from newegg says its got 2 pci-e cables.. The ebuyer clearly says only 1, and only a 4 pin.

So unless ebuyers completly wrong in their specs, the 2 psu's are different.

ah i see.

in this case, i would refer to the antec website, which if this link works, will show that it has the required connections. the vendors should be more clear i suppose.

Antec

ah i see.

in this case, i would refer to the antec website, which if this link works, will show that it has the required connections. the vendors should be more clear i suppose.

Antec

Yha was just there... And the description is the same as the the ebuyers one.

Hence my confusion............

And sorry, if the company can't even showcase their products correctly...... that kinda scares me

yea i saw what you meant. when you first get to antec's page on the ea650w it lists it as having only one 6 pin pcie connection. but when you click on the "connectors" link on the same page, it shows the above link which shows both a 6 pin and 6+2pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom