What is with the pin power supply thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a picture, I'm picking out parts for a computer. I see stuff about 20 pin, 24 pin, and 20 + 4 pin, and i don't know what any of it is talking about.

weirdopeanut said:
I don't have a picture, I'm picking out parts for a computer. I see stuff about 20 pin, 24 pin, and 20 + 4 pin, and i don't know what any of it is talking about.
Itll be easier if you tell us your total budget and what you want to use the computer for.

This way we can make sure your not buying POS parts. ;)

Ste said:
Itll be easier if you tell us your total budget and what you want to use the computer for.

This way we can make sure your not buying POS parts. ;)

Our budget is $500, and we have selected to use an E6300 and a GeForce7100GS so far. We are now deciding the case with PSU.

Try to Find a case without a Power supply.
Then Buy Fortron 400 Watt

Since the Power supply is the most important Part of the computer it will be money well Spent. Because the one you have choosen with that case is garbage.

Ste said:
Try to Find a case without a Power supply.
Then Buy Fortron 400 Watt

Since the Power supply is the most important Part of the computer it will be money well Spent. Because the one you have choosen with that case is garbage.

Are you sure that's enough wattage? We were hoping to over clock it, since there is a lot of over clocking potential on those processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom