What is this Pentium Dual Core Txxxxx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
Alright im looking to get a laptop instead of a desktop for so many reasons.

1. School work right now and for college
2. Want something that I can easily move around
3. I want to put it in my room and theres not much space
4. I do audio/video editing at school and its a hastle taking the project home to use other programs

So im looking at this HP laptop and it says "Inside Pentium Dual Core" then I see a different one that has a "Core 2 Duo" so now whats the difference? Like is the Pentium Dual Core the next stage processor after the P4? Like if anyone can shed some light upon my question would be greatly appreciated.

Core 2 Duo is what I have on my new desktop and I am happy with it, even with AMD's my old desktop has a k6 @ 366MHz and it runs XP Pro smooth and CAD programs, but you know something Ive herd and read so much **** about pentiums and to tell you the truth i think people make them out to be really bad but I use one on this Dell Optiplex (1 year old) in tech and it runs pretty smooth, you know P4 @ 3.0Ghz w/HT enabled and 1024 MB RAM is runnung 3D Max smooth with all the renders and what not but you know this Intel Pentium Dual Core I want to avoid it as much as possible I really have no clue what it is. Is it a Pentium D, a Core 2 Duo or just Core Duo, or some sort of Pentium 5

They're not horrible processors, but people call them bad because there are much better ones for the same price. (At least, they used to)

I'd still stick with the Core 2 Duo, it's better than the Pentium D.

the pentium dual cores, at least the t2060, have lower cache and are generally slower (but cheaper) than either the core duo or the core 2 duo. while we're not talking about a difference between pentium D and core duo, you'd be best off getting a core 2 duo which are the t5xxx and t7xxx series.

however, if money is an issue, i've got the core duo (not pentium) t2050 and it does everything great. ram's more important IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom