What is the order in which you should upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpicoemcee

Solid State Member
I've heard alot of different answers but im wondering if i were to start upgrading my old system where should i start and in what order should i swap my parts out?

next question is what would you like to acheive most out of upgrading?

edit: looking at that unfortunately your upgrade options are very limited. the cpu socket is s423 which was quickly abandoned for 478 so aside from the cpu's being hard to find there is not much better you can get. it uses rd-ram which is difficult and costly to get. the only simple upgrades would be the graphics card, hdd and optical drives. unless you want to go for an all out upgrade and replace everything

well, if you don't plan on upgrading the CPU, I'd say RAM first. But it really does depend on what you want to do with it, what you'd like to improve, etc. Oh, and definitely upgrade the power supply.

Edit: I thought the RAM looked a bit obscure. I haven't seen how expensive it is. You could maybe go the other way around, and scrap the old PC for parts for a new one. You could probably use the hard drive and maybe the optical drives.

nitestick said:
next question is what would you like to acheive most out of upgrading?

edit: looking at that unfortunately your upgrade options are very limited. the cpu socket is s423 which was quickly abandoned for 478 so aside from the cpu's being hard to find there is not much better you can get. it uses rd-ram which is difficult and costly to get. the only simple upgrades would be the graphics card, hdd and optical drives. unless you want to go for an all out upgrade and replace everything

yes basically i want to upgrade everything... i work with photoshop and other heavy processing programs so i guess thats what i would like to achieve the most out of it.....

Now that im typing this, would you say that it would be cheaper to just buy a new computer, or in my case, build a new computer???

It'd probably be better/longer lasting to build or even buy a new one. If you figure out your budget and needs there are lots of people on here who would be willing to help you with picking out a new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom