What monitor brands would you guys suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Acer p241w, which is I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the version before the p244w. Its a great looking and great performing monitor, which high brightness and good colour, although the backlight had some troubles about a month after I bought it. Sent it to Acer warranty centre and had it back within a week.
The quality isn't the best, but the monitor is great.

Wow, nice to see another Lenovo L222 owner. This is one **** of a monitor, I'd highly recommend it to anybody looking for one.

i would say Viewsonic are very good for colour reproduction are you sure the software your using and monitor settings are upto scratch? For the record there is no contrast difference from dvi to hdmi they are the same signal just hdmi has add-ons!!!!! I reccomend you just do your research samsung/ asus are good for contrast dell and benq are good all rounders and Acer/LG I think are a cheap and cheerful I just don't like LG though Benq in general are the most aesthetically pleasing designs imo.

I have the fp241vw its the same screen as a fp241w but is twice the price as the frame is made out of sexy aluminium!!!! I watch quite a lot of films and with this monitor and my asus xonar d2x soundcard they really are immersive and very good. Noticeably better then when I had a three monitors running at once 2xviewsonics and a hanns-g cheapo 19" dedicated to itunes as the music always has to be open in my room. People have commented on 1) how mahoosive the screen is and 2) how good the image looks

I've tried every single color setting and adjustment on my ViewSonic. I honestly must have spent hours coming up with new combinations. Don't get me wrong, it's a good monitor and I may end up selling it on ebay or something, but it just isn't QUITE as bright as my Dell. HOWEVER, I think that's how it was since day 1. It seems bright on its own, but if you compare it vs another monitor, you can notice a difference. I didn't notice it until I added a second monitor to run dual screen on my computer. My 19 and 24 get really bright, but they get "stupid bright." Like much brighter than I would ever want.

Currently my 19's settings are 100% on all 3 colors, contrast @ 20/100 and brightness @ 20/100. Anything above 40 on the contrast/brightness of this monitor, and I really don't notice a change. Honestly as it jumps from 40 on up to 85, 90, 95, I really don't see it increase much at all. Whereas my Dell and ViewSonic both have steady incremental steps from 0 on up to 100... but like I said, the ViewSonic always had a warmish hue to it. I like it, I just found a deal when I was browsing, acted on it, and here I am. Haaar!

Another thing about the ViewSonic was the height of the base... with the height of my desk along with the height of the ViewSonic monitor, it was kind of a pain. The ViewSonic would be perfect for my brother, as he's got a much lower desk. My Dell + my 19 sits a lot lower, so they go good together on my desk which is why I chose 19/24 instead of 22/24.

Question for you guys. If you go to a site like google.com and fullscreen it using F11, around the top and bottom, is it normal to see a slightly shaded hue to the white on google's main page? It's as if it's the opposite of backlight bleeding. Like with backlight bleeding it's typically lighter along the top and bottom, but in my case it's a tad darker. Is that normal for a monitor of this size?

Still got a week to return it if I want, so I want to use this thing heavily and see if it's geared the way I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom