What monitor brands would you guys suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I have a 22" ViewSonic... it's about 2-3 years old now. It aint bad, but it just doesn't pack the color punch I like, and since I watch a lot of live concert DVDs and movies on here it's kind of an issue to me.

I'm looking to upgrade, but not exactly tomorrow. If I stumble across a 100 dollar bill that's one thing, but logically speaking I'll probably wait until after Christmas to upgrade.

I'm looking for a 24" with 1080p. I've compared a few... My mom just got a 22" Acer and it is really bright and has nice colors to it. I looked at one on NewEgg that's 340 (which is about 40 bucks over what I'd like to pay, to be honest). I know limiting myself to a budget of 300 is restricting, but it's a... let's call it a "flexible" 300 dollar budget... but 340 is kinda pushing it.

Then, I came across this.

Newegg.com - ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Hmm... not bad. Reviews look decent too, but we all know how NewEgg reviews are. Some of the reviews seemed to be from pretty knowledgeable people though, so who knows.

Anyway, what do you guys think? What brands would you recommend most? I think I'm going to stay away from ViewSonic this time... my monitor isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but when I watch videos, the contrast (and yes, I've adjusted settings) just seems to be... not all there... Great with games, great with regular stuff, but movies.. ehh...

To recap, I'm looking at around 300$ budget, preferably NewEgg, 24" or larger, 1080p.

What do you folks suggest?

as i could not suggest anything because i have only used 1 lcd monitor.

but my nec 90gx2 displays beautifully.

Nec has some good models. But at this time newegg and other vendors are pretty well cleaned out after Black Friday and year end clearances going on. Give it a few months and you'll start seeing a larger selection available once they restock again.

I've been running Viewsonic models here but agree on LG and Asus as being good alternatives. HDMI is good to have for a new monitor as well as seeing the higher contrast ratio especially for a larger screen. If you are not set on a 24" size there's a newer Viewsonic 22" model to look over at Newegg.com - ViewSonic X Series VX2260wm Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

If I get a monitor with HDMI, but use the DVI, is it expected that it'll still have decent contrast ratio?

I have a Sceptre. It's cheap and I was skeptical of it, but it's been a good monitor. I recommend Samsung, Dell, and NEC

I can't help but to keep looking at these ASUS monitors. Every ASUS products I've had has been really good, I just haven't seen an actual ASUS monitor in person to pose my own opinion of it. It'd definitely be a shot in the dark for me to grab one.

I recommend getting a Samusng. They are one of the few manufacturers who actually make lcd panels and as a result their monitors tend to have the best displays. I have a 19" Samsung and it is exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom