What makes a CRT better than LCD from a gamers standpoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I've got a 7 year old flat screen CRT huge azz 45 lb monitor. I'm trying to justify buying this 5 ms 19 inch widescreen LCD monitor, but someone keeps arguing with me that my CRT is better and I'll only be downgrading.

Someone fill me in.

from personal experience, i woudl prefer a crt. I have an lcd now (8ms), when i first made the change, i noticed the difference in color and ghosting. I got used to it after a while, but i shoudl have bought a crt. Remember that LCDs use only one native resolution, and if its below it or above it, things will look really blurry. even thought i love how it looks on my computer desk, i definitaly miss my old crt. maybe you should buy a new crt, newer designs have less bulk and are sharper.

i prefer LCDs mainly cos they look cooler take up less space and the image quality isnt that much different from CRT monitors.

i have the crapest, oldest, heavest and smallest crt every made i think but i like i wouldn't trade for any other for the main reason i cant move it

I have an LCD 8ms, but I still believe CRTs are better if you have the space. The sweet spot for today's games on today's mainstream cards is 1024x768, and that resolution looks like total crap on any LCD larger than 17" standard aspect ratio. Ghosting is also completely non-existant on CRTs. LCDs have minimal ghosting nowadays, but it is still there.

The only reason I dont go back to a CRT is because my eyes can no longer take them when reading text on them for long stretches of time (i.e. for schoolwork/Internet surfing) after becoming used to an LCD. If I had room, i would have a seperate gaming PC with a CRT from my main PC with an LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom