What Laptop Should I Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends, most people who are really into Windows and are really geeky about it would have a harder time learning a Mac then someone with light experience in Windows. It's different, but overall easier and more logical. But remember, don't buy an iBook until Apple releases the Intel version of it, it will be more powerful than the current iBook and most likely have better components with it and consume less energy. If you can't wait the Macbook Pro is a great alternative, although they only start at $2000.

Apple may change the name of the iBook line to something like Macbook, but it's still the same computer line basically.

Just remember with Macs you wont be able to use your windows software. I recommend getting an ibook for college. I'm going to get one in a few years when I go. :D

ibooks/powerbooks/macbook pro's should work with a PC based wireless network, especially at a university.

Alright, I'll definitely take all of this into account when I buy one. I might be brave & just go for the mac.. how hard can it be lol. Anyway... I don't want to buy one until like July because I don't wanna get one now & then be outdated or see lower prices when I go. But yeah I am really into Windows and really geeky about it too probably, but oh well. Too bad I can't run the Mac OS on Virtual PC... that'd be cool so I could get some practice. Thanks again for the advice.

Edit: So your basically saying something like this?: If you have time & wanna check it out, let me know. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Apple-iBook-...8768086384QQcategoryZ4602QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If there is an Apple store close to you, you can hop on over and try out some of the floor models. Its really not that hard to use a mac.

Vybuni said:
If there is an Apple store close to you, you can hop on over and try out some of the floor models. Its really not that hard to use a mac.

Alright, yeah sounds like a good idea, I'll have to do that. peace.

Only one problem with a mac. If you were going to school for art or something along thoes lines a mac would be great. Since you are going for Information Systems management almost everything you do will be on a pc. Most businesses are pc based until you hit the art department. They are all macs except for the one pc they keep to convert files for the rest to see. Now knowing how to use a mac is a huge asset, but most of your work will most likely be on a pc so a mac would not be as useful in my opinion.

hefemeister said:
Only one problem with a mac. If you were going to school for art or something along thoes lines a mac would be great. Since you are going for Information Systems management almost everything you do will be on a pc. Most businesses are pc based until you hit the art department. They are all macs except for the one pc they keep to convert files for the rest to see. Now knowing how to use a mac is a huge asset, but most of your work will most likely be on a pc so a mac would not be as useful in my opinion.

Ok, yeah I was thinking about that too kind of. I'm emailing my professor now to see if he has any special suggestions too. Thanks for your input.

That would be the best. If your professor says there is no problem with having a mac and you want one go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom