What Laptop Should I Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardeez1

Baseband Member
Hey,
I wanted to get your guys' opinion on what kind of laptop you would suggest I get for college. I only wanna spend from about $700 - $1200 .... I know you can't buy anything really good w/ that but I just want one that will last me for like 4 years (then I'll upgrade). Just wondering if you had any brands of computers you liked best that are reasonably priced.. & if I should get Mac or Windows? I'm going to college for Information Systems Management. Thanks for any advice.

well my opinion would be to buy a desktop. its a lot cheaper and you can customize it to your needs. unless travel a lot then you can get it otherwise.

FunkMaster66 said:
well my opinion would be to buy a desktop. its a lot cheaper and you can customize it to your needs. unless travel a lot then you can get it otherwise.

Well I already have a good desktop .. I just want a laptop for college. Thanks.

Hewlett Packard is a solid brand. My sister, brother, and father all have HP's and they have had no problems whatsoever. I've heard that Toshiba's are OK as well. The only brand I'd say to stay away from would be a Dell. My brother previously had one, and he had to change the mobo in it five times, and the hard drive twice.

cyrax said:
Hewlett Packard is a solid brand. My sister, brother, and father all have HP's and they have had no problems whatsoever. I've heard that Toshiba's are OK as well. The only brand I'd say to stay away from would be a Dell. My brother previously had one, and he had to change the mobo in it five times, and the hard drive twice.

whats a mobo?

Apple is pretty strong in the notebook market IMO, but if your looking for something that cheap I suggest you wait for their new Intel "iBooks", which will be souped up versions of Apple's current lower end notebooks.

If you decide to go with Windows, which I don't suggest, then avoid Dell and Alienware. HP is a solid brand for Windows.

Brtnboarder495 said:
Apple is pretty strong in the notebook market IMO, but if your looking for something that cheap I suggest you wait for their new Intel "iBooks", which will be souped up versions of Apple's current lower end notebooks.

If you decide to go with Windows, which I don't suggest, then avoid Dell and Alienware. HP is a solid brand for Windows.

Okay, sounds good. I'm going to ask my professor if he suggests either Windows or Mac... but if he doesn't I might actually end up going w/ that iBook you mentioned. Never had an Apple before but it would probably be pretty cool, I'll just have to learn how to do everything w/ it. P.S. How long do you think it would take to learn how to operate Mac efficiently if all I've ever used is Windows? And, would everything like wireless network stuff & software be compatible w/ it? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom