What kind of mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
im looking at upgrading just my motherboard in my comp, and i was wondering if there was one on the market that can still run my hardware.

im looking for one that can do agpx8, ddr400, intel 478, IDE. i think thats it.

can i still get one of these cheap, that doesnt have a SiS chitset, as that is the reason why i wanna change.... SiS is messing with my graphics card.

Also, if i swap my motherboard, could i plug it all in without a hassel, or would i lose the data on my hard disk?

thx

Im not sure if you will lose all of your data. you might. but before u change back up the stuff you want to keep on a dvd or external harddrive. thats what i did, or just back itup to second interal harddrive. If your lucky ur computer will boot to windows no problem, u will just need to install the drivers again and should probably do the windows upgrade feature so it works with no problems with ur mobo. Just dont panic if i doesnt boot right away. you could even try the repair feature on the windows disk. Just get the hardrive that has the boot sector on it and type in fixboot or type help for a larger list of options. There are better ways to fix it in the repair feature cant rememeber the exact name for the command.

err to clarify this matter in a shorter version.

NO, you'r Hard-drive will NOT be erased, unless you DROP it or something like that [which will physically damage the drive]

BUT, I suggest you back up you'r hard drive and format it once you replace you'r mobo, why? Because when switching hardware like Video Card, CPU or Motherboard it is highly recommended to re-install the Operation System to prevent driver errors and such.

Good luck.

-Jo / Yoad B.Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom