What I decided on for a new built computer - With questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
New topic as the other moved way past the original title and gotten long, I also have a few more questions.

At this time I am looking at this as my new system to build based on different recommendation's. Thanks for the help.

System.

Updated - July 11 2007

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO3600DDBOX

BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe and Software Black IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBM - OEM

Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KVR800D2/1GR

FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Case-

I will purchase a mouse, keyboard and a wireless router in town.

What would be a good wireless router and adapter?

Anything wrong with the above?

What would I need to connect to a television? (I could not find what I was looking for.)

Will the above go together well? Are the other parts that should take the place of another?

Will the power supply included with the case be enough?

Is anything missing?

Will a fan be required?

What graphic card will work for this system as a later upgrade?

Any idea what the cost of this system would be premade?

Thanks again.

I'm still pretty new at this, but I do know the "Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400" memory won't fit. Your motherboard requires 240pin DDR2 800 DIMM sticks. I recommend getting this.
Newegg.com - Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Retail
considering you're keeping it under a budget. Since you're motherboard only has 2 DIMM slots, you should buy a 1G stick so you can increase to 2Gb easily.

This graphics card looks good to me for what you're needing. It costs 64.99 after rebate and should fit your budget.
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N541-T2 GeForce 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

I'm still new at all of this so you definitely want to get more opinions. Thanks

Don't get an ECS motherboard. They're not as reputable a motherboard company, compared to Gigabyte, MSI, or Biostar. I would suggest the Biostar TForce 550

Don't ever use the power supply, included in the case(3. Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply.). They're not reliable, and have a high chance of failure, possibly taking down your whole system. I would suggest either the FSP (Fortron Source) 400W or the XClio GOODPOWER 500W.

hey i have the ecs mobo and an x2 3600 and it runs just fine. i was even able to figure out how to unlock some of the hidden memory configs in the bios.

but anyways, for tv, i bought a pci kworld 115 hdtv tuner and it is pretty awesome. in fact, im watching the mlb all star game on it now and the picture is fantastic.

I'm still pretty new at this, but I do know the "Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400" memory won't fit. Your motherboard requires 240pin DDR2 800 DIMM sticks. I recommend getting this.
Newegg.com - Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Retail
considering you're keeping it under a budget. Since you're motherboard only has 2 DIMM slots, you should buy a 1G stick so you can increase to 2Gb easily.

That 1GB of ram is cheaper to, always helpful.
I want to go with 1GB stick so I can upgrade in the future to 2GB.

This graphics card looks good to me for what you're needing. It costs 64.99 after rebate and should fit your budget.
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N541-T2 GeForce 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Thanks

Don't get an ECS motherboard. They're not as reputable a motherboard company, compared to Gigabyte, MSI, or Biostar. I would suggest the Biostar TForce 550

Good to know, any real problems with this board based on the reviews?

What is the best ram for this board?

Did not see what type of graphic support is has.

Don't ever use the power supply, included in the case(3. Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply.). They're not reliable, and have a high chance of failure, possibly taking down your whole system. I would suggest either the FSP (Fortron Source) 400W or the XClio GOODPOWER 500W.

Really good to know.
I will look for another case.

With shipping I am now at $371.00 without a router, adapter, keyboard, mouse or monitor. (Thus a TV set) This is now going to take more time.

This there much difference from the BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard to the BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard?

It's only more important, if you're planning on using them. Like a sound card, TV tuner, and other PCI cards.

I will do more research to see if I am likely to use them.

I also want to buy a motherboard with some type of on board graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom