What is holding me back in games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
alright I was wondering when I play games purrdy much the max rez I can use is 1024x768 and even at that rez I still can't have any setting much over medium or I get horrible frame rate and my games are really choppy. I read somewhere that the Xbox 360's GPU is close to a nvidia 6800?? or something close to that, if thats true then why can't I have my games look anything close to games on the 360? I just got the newest Command & Conquer game (same as on 360) and even on the main page I get, if I am lucky 10FPS. So basically my question is why can't I have my games look and play as smooth or better as on the 360?

wait doesnt' command and conquer require like a 48mhz processor???

but if its a new game... i'm going to say its ur single-core cpu, might wanna opt for an opteron 165..

ok so you think if I got a faster dual core that would help me out... for the Command & Conquer I have it say the min is 2.0 GHz (2.2GHz for Vista)

The Opteron 165 is 1.8GHz stock. But it is a very overclockable processor. That will help with the game, because I believe it supports multi-core processors.

alright I was wondering when I play games purrdy much the max rez I can use is 1024x768 and even at that rez I still can't have any setting much over medium or I get horrible frame rate and my games are really choppy. I read somewhere that the Xbox 360's GPU is close to a nvidia 6800?? or something close to that, if thats true then why can't I have my games look anything close to games on the 360? I just got the newest Command & Conquer game (same as on 360) and even on the main page I get, if I am lucky 10FPS. So basically my question is why can't I have my games look and play as smooth or better as on the 360?

acually 360 is more close to x1600 or x1800 as it is made by ATI called Xenos or "R500"

Odds are it is your GFX drivers causing you a problem. A 3500 is a good CPU... not the top, but not the bottom. Your GFX card is a good one as well, and you have plenty of RAM.

You might want to do some housekeeping, too. Defrag, adware/spyware scan, AV scan, registry cleaning/defrag...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom