What happened to conroe being cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
I don't know much about what's going on but what happened to their supposedly cheaper price tag?

I saw one chip for 1k

Is it becaues it's new or is it because conroe price tag are cheap in relation to their quality?

That chip you saw for $1k was their top of the line. The price range for the Conroe line is $150-1000.

oh alright, well that's good...but suhc a processor looks godly intimidating and well **** i'd love to have that 1k chip lol

it would be impossible to overclock to the top of the line chip, unless u are overclocking the one right below it

But i wouldnt get a cpu thats top of the line right now, cause even the older cpus are still not even being fully utilized in games

alexsabree said:
it would be impossible to overclock to the top of the line chip, unless u are overclocking the one right below it

I've seen the cheapest, the E6300, OC'd to 2.94GHz on air. Thats higher than the 6800's 2.93GHz. It may not perform exactly as well due to the lower cache and all that, but I bet its pretty **** close.

The e6300 (lowest end) is $183. This is cheaper than some of the AMD chips that it beats.

Also, it can depend on where you buy it, some places are cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom