What GPU to buy ?

IT admirer

Solid State Member
I have to install a GPU. I dont do Hardcore gaming. Just need 1080p and HDMI. I may do some little gaming like Need for speed games etc. I mainly need to play Bluray and do some basic video editing. I will buy from Frys and bellow are some GPUs which I was was looking at. Any guidance will be really helpful. Thanks.

Cost from $34.99 to $42.99

PNY VCGG2101D3XPB GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit

EVGA 8400GS 1GB

Asus 210 1GB DDR3 LP

MSI N8400GS-MD1GD3H/LP GeForce 8400 GS 1GB 64-bit DDR3

EVGA 210 1GB PNY GeForce GT610 1GB

I have the 610 its not much of an upgrade to your standard intergrated graphics. But its still a decent card.
If he has any IGP at all it will be some form of low end Xpress media blaster. Huge upgrade for 1080p content as 1080p wasn't around when those were made.

Just be aware that a large portion of 1080p (if not all depending on player and codec) is still processed on the CPU.

Thanks for replies. Adding gt610 will make significant difference??? right now 1080p videos are not smooth... there is lag between frames. I believe it will be atleast smooth then? ?

Depends on what 1080p content you are referring to.

If you mean BD movies on your PC if you're using a good codec pack or software it should utilize the GPU. I've noticed most Youtube videos and streaming agents still put the workload on the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom