What games can my computer handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster12348

In Runtime
I bought a factory made computer p6150t Series from HP, because i didnt have the option to build it :(. But anyway this is what its composed of:

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q8300 [2.5GHz, 4MB L2, 1333MHz FSB]
Memory 4GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
Hard drive 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB
Graphics card Integrated graphics - Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 [VGA]

Im thinking of upgrading the graphics card, and adding more RAM, any ideas? And how it is right now, what games could it handle? Thanks

Definitely get a dedicated GPU.

More RAM isn't needed. 4GB is plenty for gaming.

The way it is now, you won't be playing the latest and high end games. It would play games like CSS or HL2.

Depends on you're mobo and PSU. It's gotta have a pci-express 2.0 slot to play most newer games at higher settings. I'm not really sure on cards for just pci-express though. Then your PSU has to have enough power to power the card.

Can you get any info on your power supply? This will determine how powerful of a card you can get.

And what is the resolution of your monitor?...as well as your budget.

*edit*
I just looked up your computer, and it says that your power supply is 300W. You won't be able to get a high end GPU, thus not being able to play high end games. But you can upgrade to a better graphic card, so you can at least play games at medium quality.

This seems to be his product (correct me if im wrong) but he only has a 300 watt PSU

Full Tower

Mobo

He has 1 PCI-Express 16x, 3 PCI-Express 1x, Not sure if its 2.0 though, probably not

But a decent upgrade of the Video AND PSU would be enough to run higher end games

Maybe a 650 to 700 Watt, Gives you some head room if you plan on going to Quad Core or adding some more HDD Space

And for Graphics Cards I have had no problem with my XFX GeForce 9800GT, but seemings i dont think you have PCI-X 2.0 i dont think you have a big enough selection

Could look for more advise from someone else in this department

From Newegg (most trusted for ordering in my beliefs)

I like OCZ PSU's and Corsair PSU's

OCZ PSU

Corsair

Could use some second opinions on the PSU's also

Good Luck

This seems to be his product (correct me if im wrong) but he only has a 300 watt PSU

Full Tower

Mobo

He has 1 PCI-Express 16x, 3 PCI-Express 1x, Not sure if its 2.0 though, probably not

But a decent upgrade of the Video AND PSU would be enough to run higher end games

Maybe a 650 to 700 Watt, Gives you some head room if you plan on going to Quad Core or adding some more HDD Space

And for Graphics Cards I have had no problem with my XFX GeForce 9800GT, but seemings i dont think you have PCI-X 2.0 i dont think you have a big enough selection

Could look for more advise from someone else in this department

From Newegg (most trusted for ordering in my beliefs)

I like OCZ PSU's and Corsair PSU's

OCZ PSU

Corsair

Could use some second opinions on the PSU's also

Good Luck

They already have a quad core. You wouldn't need all that much power to just add a new GPU. PCI-E x16 and PCI-E x16 2.0 are backwards compatible. You could get a Radeon 4670 and a ~400-~500W power supply, and be set to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom