What else do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godfromdfo

Beta member
Basicly, I want to play my ps2 games on a pc.. for loads of reasons ie improved graphics options and features, so I asked on a forum what would be the prefect cpu and gpu for it and they said the following:

core2duo E8400
geforce 9800gtx

but I have to O/C it to 4ghz... I asked them what else I would need and they havant answered, soooooooooooooo............. what else do I need?

Which motherboard should I get?
what ram should I get?
What PSU should I get?
Do I need to buy wires seperatly?
case?
dvd drive?

am I missing anything out? thanks

this is my first time building..

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. Discussion of legal torrents such as Linux distrobutions is fine. But anything that is copyrighted, pay per use or covered by any sort of copyright is forbidden. The links provide the information needed.

Computer Forums - Announcements in Forum : Building, Buying, Upgrading for General PCs

Uhh, what? You just stick your ps2 disk into your dvd drive 0_o so it is legal?
if it isnt then.. well.. 0_o oops and sorry if it isnt legal im sure it is though...

Firstly, Welcome to the forums godfromdfo. Give this a quick read so you understand why hefemeister and others will tell you first and upfront about the rules..: Tech-Forums Stance on Emulators for any system

Just next time leave the emulator talk out of your post and you should be fine. We are all about helping, but keeping in the guidelines, so let's just say that you want to do medium gaming.

That processor is good, not sure about that card.. depending on what the rest of your system turns out to be it will most likely be suggested to use another. State your budget for the build you want to make and someone will be able to help throw something together for you ;)

Which motherboard should I get?
Depends on your budget and what you want to do with it really

what ram should I get?
dosn't REALLY matter.. depends on if your oc'ing or not

What PSU should I get?
cant really help you here lol. just dont get a cheap cheap one or use one that comes with a case

Do I need to buy wires separately?
depends on what wires your talking about? most come with the PSU

case?
depends on personal preference really.

dvd drive?
youl need one, unless you have one from a previous build you want to use. Those dont really have alot in differences so..

so sorry if that dosnt help much lol but it depends on budget.. and im new to this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom