what do you think would make a diff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
ok i am only thinking about upgradeing not sure yet but i can't pick if i should upgrade my CPU AMD athlon 3500+ 2.2GHz or video card Geforce 6600 256mb PCI-E. I was thinking about the CPU because my 6600 will play anygame that i have FOR NOW. When I play like command and conquer generals or something like that i like to have my own music playin cause i hate in game music, and I notice that when i have my music playin my game gets alot of lag sometimes and I don't know if getting a faster processor would help or not? any ideas thanks if you think its the processor plz tell me a better one same if you think its the video card

Hello,

Perhaps a dual-core processor will help with your particular situation. That might help with the multi-tasking duties of running your games while you listen to your own music.

Are you using a dedicated sound card? I don't see one in your sig. Maybe getting a new video card and a less-expensive audio card will help. The Audigy 4's are fairly good and they do not cost too much.

Personally I would upgrade the video card/sound card, but I have a preference to eye-candy and frame-rates.

I would probably get a dual-core seeing that you like to open multiple programs such as games and music. The X2 3800+ should do nicely and it's cheap.

go with the dc, that gc will do you fine for now. you will have to get a diffrent mobo if your current one doesnt support dc tech though

well my mobo is a socket 939 not 100% sure but I think that DC is supported on that right? also I don't have to worry about my PSU right I have a 420W a new CPU wouldn't pull much more than my old one right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom