what do you think of my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the 3 games i have in front of me, winding me up till i get a pc that runs them are gears of war, crysis and the orange box

i would be happy to get mid/high settings on them, i think it would run crysis at the middle settings mainly and the other 2 trying for more high then mid

i worked out my max budget for the rest of the is £430, with that i need 2 more GB or ram (£41 for the same type), the cpu, gpu and the os, kind of hoping for good gpu without the 3870x2 price

well idk pricing in the u.k....idk whats normal and whats too expensive, sorry!
i do know that the 9600gt should be able to max out every orange box game with easy.
gears of war...maybe
crysis...prolly med high settings with a low resolution(more high settings, infact maybe all high with some tweaked filed)

well idk pricing in the u.k....idk whats normal and whats too expensive, sorry!
i do know that the 9600gt should be able to max out every orange box game with easy.
gears of war...maybe
crysis...prolly med high settings with a low resolution(more high settings, infact maybe all high with some tweaked filed)

ok thanks

i'm leaning towards that now but i'm not 100% sure

got only 1 question, would it be fine on a 26" hdtv, i'll mainly run it on 1280x720 but the tv can take 1920x1080i so it would be nice to get that out of it

ok thanks

i'm leaning towards that now but i'm not 100% sure

got only 1 question, would it be fine on a 26" hdtv, i'll mainly run it on 1280x720 but the tv can take 1920x1080i so it would be nice to get that out of it

wel you might be able to max out the orange box games but not the other 2 you mentioned at 1920X1080...

you can alawys goto tomshardware.com and check their benchmarks. It will give you a better idea.

wel you might be able to max out the orange box games but not the other 2 you mentioned at 1920X1080...

you can alawys goto tomshardware.com and check their benchmarks. It will give you a better idea.

thanks i just checked toms hardware and read a review on both, the 3870 beats the 9600gt by 2-3 fps without AA on when AA is on its the same the other way around the 9600gt beats it by 2-3 fps

thats at the resolution of 1680x1050, the test shown crysis running at high with reduced shadow fidelity with AA4x + AF8x at 1680x1050 with 20 or so fps, i'm guessing thats good

thats on the cards now, it goes as good as the 3870 and is cheaper (like you already said)

thanks i just checked toms hardware and read a review on both, the 3870 beats the 9600gt by 2-3 fps without AA on when AA is on its the same the other way around the 9600gt beats it by 2-3 fps

thats at the resolution of 1680x1050, the test shown crysis running at high with reduced shadow fidelity with AA4x + AF8x at 1680x1050 with 20 or so fps, i'm guessing thats good

thats on the cards now, it goes as good as the 3870 and is cheaper (like you already said)

yup...so just go with the 9600gt...should do you good.

yup...so just go with the 9600gt...should do you good.

yeah you have also talked me back into the Q6600, i decided towards the E8400 for the 45nm with 1333mhz but i'll get more use out of the Q6600 like everyone says:p

yeah you have also talked me back into the Q6600, i decided towards the E8400 for the 45nm with 1333mhz but i'll get more use out of the Q6600 like everyone says:p

well i gotta say, your making a smart decision.
the q6600 wont slow you down in games...so why worry
you will be happy and tahts a guarantee.
Dual core is old news to me...

CPU Charts | Tom's Hardware
go to that site. and tell me that is not a difference in game frame rates. And just compare multiple things, e8400 for the win lol. But what ev, I mean if you running like avg, while decoding a dvd, while ripping a cd a quad core would be better.

well i gotta say, your making a smart decision.
the q6600 wont slow you down in games...so why worry
you will be happy and tahts a guarantee.
Dual core is old news to me...

well i'm still on my first pc which has a sempron 2.1ghz chip and 512mb ram, i've never knew what exactly went into it always had a pre-built so i am kind of worried it would not work or go slow or something like that

but i guess i'm doing right (i hope)

your mind is gonna get blown regardless of the q6600 or the e8400 I mean they are prob right, you would have to be benching to most likely notice a difference. Pay more for less seams weird to me but what ev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom