What do you think about this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runt_

Beta member
Looking to build a new rig link attached contains the parts im thinking about getting....Wanting to overclock any and everything i can.

Let me know what you think and what numbers i could hit...Havent figured out the route i wanted to go for cpu cooling so any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Amazon.com: jordan edinger: Pc

For ram get either 6GB(3x2GB) or 12GB(3x4GB), it uses triple channel ram. It can use dual channel, but triple is better. Since you plan to overclock, you should get faster ram too.

Get the "black" series for hard drive unless you are using the "green" drive for storage. "Green" drives run slower. Maybe get an ssd for the main drive.

As for overclocking numbers, it depends...you could range from 3.8Ghz-4.5Ghz. Every part plays a factor in your overclockability.

your harddrive is a 'green' and isnt suitable for anything really except storage of music, video type files. get a 'black' edition as mentioned above
the power supply is probably a bit overkill. the coolermaster branded psu's arent really recommended. check out ste's thread on power supplies. my own preference is corsair.
you can get a better price for a better card on newegg Newegg.com - 5870
in fact, i recommend buying everything on newegg, with a few exceptions here and there for tigerdirect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom