What do you think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw that, you guys convinced me to order a new PSU. The videocard, I'm keeping, but I don't want to risk wasting several hundred dollars because of some shitty little box frying all my components.

Haha, yes, you win.

Another quick question: One of the last things I ordered from Newegg was a copy of Windows XP. The little blurb from Microsoft says that it must be purchased with hardware, but I didn't. It is still at step 1, while the PSU I ordered last night is at step 4. Are they just not going to ship it because of that restriction, or is it taking so long because its always an in-demand item?

Yeah, but I got the impression that they mean in *that* order. I don't know. Maybe they're just being slow for once.

Megabyte, Ste is crazy.

The Aspire Power Supply that you yourself found is just fine. It has 34A on the +12v rails combined, and thats very good. Aspire is a generally OK brand and nothing will be going boom.

And you're absolutely right. Makers produce good parts and bad parts. I have an Abit AV8 motherboard which is supposed to be horrible, but I'm fine with it. So the XFX card you got is probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom