What do you guys think of this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
My cousin and her husband were checking out this is system as a possible replacement for there old one. I just want to get your opinions.

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2140 1.60GHz 1MB FSB 800MHz
1GB DDR2 533MHz (Major Brand)
Biostar 945GZ Micro 775 SE Motherboard
Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache SATA II
LG 20X GSA-H55N Multi Security DVD Rewriter
Onboard Video
Onboard Audio
Onboard Network Card
Deluxe G533 Black Case
Optimax 470W (20-24 Pins) Power Supply
1 Year Parts & 3 Years Labor Warranty

For 275.00 plus tax

and we will just install Windows XP Professional.

Shites man, for $275 that's not bad. Not bad at all. But I have never heard of an optimax psu before. That doesn't mean it's bad or anything. But because the system is for somemone else and you won't be there if the psu dies and what not to fix it, I'd recomend coughing up the extra bucks for a thermaltake or antec for increased system reliability.

Optimax is a brand here in Canada that I've seen a lot so I assume that its a decent brand. The system comes with a 1 year parts and 3 year labour warranty so if anything happens to the PSU it under warranty.
I think 275 is a pretty decent price.
As for a video card, I thought about it but I said f-it cause they are not going to be really doing any gaming of any sort.
The system really is only gonna get used once a week for sure, my cousins do online banking once a week. Besides that they will only need it for general computing such as internet, email and word documents.

Any of you guys know if the Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2140 1.60GHz is any good?

I was going to get one in my laptop but my parents chipped in and I got a Core Duo. So I dont know if its a good processor or not.

Ioanni said:
Any of you guys know if the Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2140 1.60GHz is any good?
Good enough for any general use. Actually more than enough.

If you are wanting to stay with Intel it's pretty good. But on a price/preformance ratio an AMD x2 4000+ would be better. If you want to stay with the pentium I hear you can OC it well. Or spend like 50 more and grab a 22xx.

The e2140 is a good chip, but it only has a 7x multi. It can still overclock to 2.5 or better to improve performance. But for 275 thats not a bad price.

That system wont be getting overclocked, I've seen my buddie fry a AMD Sempron 3000+ by overclocking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom