What do you guys think of this system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he OC'd his PSU like 2 years when he first got it, he only had the system for like 7 months.

You can get a cheap video card that will help about a bit if they are using any photoshop or maybe even just viewing pictures or videos.

$30 will get you a very low-end card

I noticed it at work when I was on my BB Browser, but I couldn't correct it cause I was supposed to be working and my manager was comming towards me and she has a strickt no cell phone policy.

Alright guys, I did a bit of reconfiguring. I also wanted to compare systems. So this is what I came up with. Let me know your opinions.

--------------------------------------------------------
Pentium D System:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2140 1.60GHz 1MB FSB 800MHz
1GB DDR2 533MHz (Major Brand)
ASUS P5VD2-VM SE (Onboard VGA,2DDR2-667,RAID)
Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache
LG 20X GSA-H55N Multi Security DVD Rewriter (Beige)
1.44 Floppy Drive
Onboard Video
Onboard Audio
Onboard Network Card
Deluxe G533 Black Case
Optimax 470W (20-24 Pins) Power Supply
1 Year Parts & 3 Years Labor Warranty

NEW PRICE: 291.00

So with the Pentium D, I upgraded the motherboard to an Asus. I was looking at the specs on the manufactures site it didnt say anything about the onboard video and to keep cost down, we kinda want a mobo with onboard video. I also added the floppy drive, just cause they have a fair bit of files backed up on floppy so they can access them in the near future. Plus they have a fair bit of floppies and I don't know how much they would use the burner. I did get leave the hard drive size the same however I did change it to a IDE drive, to eliminate having to install a third party SATA II driver.

Intel Celeron D 3.06GHz LGA 775 FSB 533 512KB 64Bit (347)
Intel D945GCPE (Onboard VGA,2DDR2-667,PCI-E)
Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache
LG 20X GSA-H55N Multi Security DVD Rewriter (Black)
Onboard Video (verify availability within motherboard)
Onboard Audio
Onboard Network Card
Deluxe G533 Black Case
ATX 450W Power Supply

PRICE: 265.00

I configured with a Celeron D. An above post mentioned about a Celeron D, so I tried it. Came up with a lower price. I cant put a floppy drive but I guess with the money that would be saved would go towards a external USB floppy drive. Upgraded the mobo for the onboard video reason. The optical drive was upgraded to the burner, as well as the memory to 1GB from 512MB. Hard drive was changed to an IDE for the same reasons above.

Intel P4 Processor 631 3.0GHz FSB 800MHz LGA 775 2MB
ASUS P5VD2-MX SE (Onboard Video,2DDR2-533,PCI-E)
Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB
1.44MB Floppy Drive (Black)
LG 18X GSA-H55N DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Rewriter (Black)
Onboard VGA
Onboard Audio
Onboard Network Card
Deluxe G533 Black Case
Optimax 470W (20-24 Pins) Power Supply

PRICE: 295.00

I know a P4, old right? But its not about getting a really fancy fancy machine. And it will never run Vista, so a P4 is fine. Upgraded the mobo for the onboard video reason. Same for the HDD. And I just added the floppy drive.

So fellas what do you think? Opinions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom