What do you guys think of this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth it? No. It is using DDR2 and some iffy parts.

Give us what you can spend and we will see what we can find you.

I can spend up to about $800, yeah I thought ddr2 was pretty outdated when we were making it but he said it was still legit. But I'm gonna go with your opinion.

Yeah Trotter's build seems to be the better route, but if your sticking with the original build I would say upgrade the motherboard and definitely get ddr3 memory. No point in buying ddr2 now so make sure the motherboard has ddr3 slots. And of course 6 cores> 2 core lol so yeah.

Hey I like that build alot Trotter, but that is a bit expensive for me. What do you think of these combo deals? Are these parts going to work well with each other? I don't have a hard drive, dvd/cd drive or video card picked out yet either, but I think I will go with the sparkle or the EVGA one I had posted originally.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V version 2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

Those will work fine.

I chose the Sparkle as it has a lifetime warranty, while that EVGA only has a two year.

I'd have to say that the combination seems good enough, and definitely go with parts that have a lifetime warranty. I hope that all goes well with your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom