What do I have to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybird

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm looking into how to bulid my own computer. But I have a few questions:

1. Do i just start with a motherboard? and then everything plugs in to that?

2. Do certin things only work with certin things..?

here is a list of things you need...

:right: Computer Case
:right: Power Supply
:right: Motherboard
:right: HardDrive
:right: Floppy Drive
:right: CD-Rom
:right: Processor
:right: Heat Sink for the processor
:right: Memory stick
:right: Operating system

here's an idea, how about you tell us what you know about computer hardware. . . . and we'll fill in the blanks.

It supplys power too all the components. Get a good one because it is very critical to a functioning computer.

And yes, all the parts just plug into each other, just read up on it before you start building.

not all computer parts work with other parts...for further information please reads the guides on this forum, there are quite a few of them and im sure they will help you a lot

welcome to TF and enjoy your stay.

:right: Computer Case & Power Supply - $10 - 350Watt
:right: DVD Burner Drive - $10
:right: Processor & Motherboard - $100 - Intel Celeron 346 3.06GHz
:right: Heat Sink for the processor - $28
:right: Memory stick - $65 - 1GB PC3200
:right: HardDrive - $70 250GB

adds up to $283. So you don't put too much on the line if you were to mess something up, it's a decent first build, and you can always upgrade from here.

this is one i pulled up real quick off tigerdirect. think wat you'd get if you'd try newegg.

best of luck

for got an important part... The OS... I'm assuming that he will do this from scratch so... add another 100.00 or so if you want to go with Windows XP home. The after market HSF isn't really needed. If he went with this build, it won't run that hot... I would go with a couple of 512 sticks, to give him the experiance od running dual channel and seeing what it does compared to only one stick. If this is his first build then part of this is the learning... lBios settings included. Other than that it's looks like a good first build... But wait until he gets hoked like the rest of us... (well, at least me... LOL) then he'l be running an entire network! :p IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom