What do I do if I run out of available LED power supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
As I was building my computer I was unsure of where to plug in the LEDs. I spoke to someone over AIM that had experience building computers, and he instructed me that there is a universal set of pins in the lower right corner of my motherboard that are designed for things like that.

I plugged in all of the LED's and whatnot, because the front of my tower has two blue headlights.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Roasted/msimobo.jpg

There's a pic of my mobo, the area with the red stuff around it is where I was told to plug these jobbies in at.

Question is, I filled them up and I have no where to plug in the two USB ports + audio port on the side of the case. It's not like I need them, I'm just curious if I have an option as to where to plug them in so those ports can receive power. If I have to sacrifice LED's for them, no big deal, I'm just trying to understand my limitations as far as where I can and can't plug stuff in to receive power. Half of these things on the mobo I'm not even sure about yet, which is why I ask here before toying around with it.

the USB ports and the audio go into the yellow box, next to it, i was wondering what happened to mines, that looks almost like my mobo.

PZEROFGH said:
the USB ports and the audio go into the yellow box, next to it, i was wondering what happened to mines, that looks almost like my mobo.

Now, that yellow box next to it to me looked like it was set for a standard plug. I wasn't sure if I'd create problems just mixing and matching other pin-plugs of different sizes in there to receive power.

But I assume this is really where they go?? Isn't the 2nd yellow box on the other side of the first for the same thing?

thats what it is on my mobo. if you look at it from the picture, it is the one right above the LED connectors. ill show you a pic of my manual where it tells me

PZEROFGH said:
thats what it is on my mobo. if you look at it from the picture, it is the one right above the LED connectors. ill show you a pic of my manual where it tells me

I see you have the MSI K8N NEO2. Mine is the NEO4. Just so ya know...

If you can show me a pic in the manual, that'd be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom