What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're planning on overclocking, definitely get that HSF. Yes, you can use your current hard drive. But note that you would have to reinstall Windows, because if you put your current hard drive, in with that computer, it won't be recognized. This is because, your current hard drive, is tied to your Dell's motherboard. Onboard sound these days are pretty decent. But seeing as you love music, I think this will be good enough:

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
or
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
...but don't take my word for it, as I'm not familiar with what is a good sound card.

Ouch, pricey. Okay so I think the guy can handle reinstalling windows for me. And I guess I'll just use my current sound card (with SRS Audio Sandbow, you'd think it was pro).

Just in case I can't do this, was that $600 computer up there good? Could it even handle what this computer would?

It's either my eyes, or I don't see the CPU in that build you posted. Regardless, the one I posted, is so much better. Trust me.

The XtremeAudio is sort of a piece of junk. Rebranded Augdigy SE. The Audigy SE would be decent for the money, I guess, but if you were willing to spend a bit more, which I'm guessing you'd probably rather not do, you could get a nicer soundcard.

It's either my eyes, or I don't see the CPU in that build you posted. Regardless, the one I posted, is so much better. Trust me.

I do, you seem like a very smart guy. Very helpful. Okay well, I think that's good, unless I have to make some price cuts that should be all I need.

The XtremeAudio is sort of a piece of junk. Rebranded Augdigy SE. The Audigy SE would be decent for the money, I guess, but if you were willing to spend a bit more, which I'm guessing you'd probably rather not do, you could get a nicer soundcard.

I went with the Audigy.

No problem.

Oh...and is your name suppose to be milkman? You know, you can have that corrected, if you talk to a mod like Trotter or the admin, DMo224.

No problem.

Oh...and is your name suppose to be milkman? You know, you can have that corrected, if you talk to a mod like Trotter or the admin, DMo224.

Nope, purposely misspelled. :p (P.S. Computer came out to 610.36)

miklman said:
Now the graphics card i wanted: Sapphire X1950XT 256MB is unavailable. Where can I find it/what different card can I get?

Ahhh....I hope it comes back. I'm not sure if theres another card on par or better than the X1950XT, for that price.

The other options would have to be 8600GTS, X1950PRO, and the 7900GS. I don't know how long you can wait. I've seen the X1950XT come back before, at the same price. But out of the three, I think the 7900GS would be best for price/performance ratio.

Ahhh....I hope it comes back. I'm not sure if theres another card on par or better than the X1950XT, for that price.

The other options would have to be 8600GTS, X1950PRO, and the 7900GS. I don't know how long you can wait. I've seen the X1950XT come back before, at the same price. But out of the three, I think the 7900GS would be best for price/performance ratio.

How much fps in Source do you think that card can manage? I really want to be able to run that very smoothly (above 60fps at all times). Also, should I still buy the cooling unit for overclocking? (also, what brand 7900gs?)

The 7900GS eats CSS for breakfast. That's how smooth it will be. Just another walk in the park. CSS is not a very demanding game. I would say it's recommended to get a cooler like the Zalman VF900, if you're overclocking. For nvidia cards, it's always preferred, with EVGA. But the current cheapest 7900GS, I believe is PNY. Only $119.99 at the egg.

PNY 7900GS 256MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom