what are the differences between GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 and ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSwhip

Solid State Member
I see that there is about C$ 70 price difference between both.
I see that they both support the Intel Z68 chipset. Both support Intel SRT technology. Sata 3, USB 3.0.
Do they both come with integrated audio and graphics on board the MOBO?
Do they both support Intel i5 and i7 current Sandy Bridge procesors 2500k and 2600k as well as supoprting the upcoming Ivy Bridge?

What does the more expensive ASUS give me that the Gigabyte does not?

I would appreciate your contributions to clarify this for me.

A little google never hurt.. I also noticed that this same exact question has been asked about 6-7 times word for word on about 7 different tech related forums.. >_> So much effort to ask a question easily answered on the home page of the product.

Literally google his question. =P
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (rev. 1.0)

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

To YELSEW 82:
You have stated the obvious. I have already gone to the manufacturers' sites to check for the characterisitics of those motherboards, AND as I do not see which are the specification changes to justify the 70 dollar price difference I went to the forums to ask the EXPERTS.
Also yes, under my MSwhip name I posted in different forums the same question cause, not all people go to the same forums. I do not get your criticism over such an approach. Anyways thank you for responding -minus the sarcasm , which is not appreciated-.

Head-to-head feature comparison: here.
Yes, they both have integrated video and audio, and both support the same CPUs.

But why is the Asus more?
1) It is GEN3, which means PCIe 3.0 slots, which have 2x the bandwidth of PCIe 2.0 slots when an Ivy Bridge CPU is installed.
2) It has a slightly newer audio chipset, how much difference this makes is unclear.
3) It has a slightly faster LAN chipset, Realtek vs Intel, though most users probably won't notice it in real-world performance.
4) It has Bluetooth on the board, which is cool if you want an easy way to sync your phone and computer.
5) The Gigabyte is Micro ATX, which while not guaranteed, usually means a smaller price-tag.

Those are just the things I can see from the comparison, there may be others such as overclocking features, etc...

I would steer clear of all Gigabyte motherboards, no matter the price. I originally had a P67A-UD3-B3 in my sig rig, but it was so unstable I had to RMA it. Gigabyte sent me another one. Same issues (infinite boot loop, wouldn't load the CPU, didn't get beyond POST screen, etc.) Got a 3rd one. SAME ISSUES. Finally they sent my the UD7 (a higher end model), and while it works somewhat better, I still can't 'restart' my PC through any OS, because it may not come back on. I don't think all of these things are all coincidences. Gigabyte has serious quality control issues with their motherboards. So, if you need help deciding between the Asus and the Gigabyte, I'd say go for the Asus, save yourself the problems. :thumbsup:

I would steer clear of all Gigabyte motherboards, no matter the price. I originally had a P67A-UD3-B3 in my sig rig, but it was so unstable I had to RMA it. Gigabyte sent me another one. Same issues (infinite boot loop, wouldn't load the CPU, didn't get beyond POST screen, etc.) Got a 3rd one. SAME ISSUES. Finally they sent my the UD7 (a higher end model), and while it works somewhat better, I still can't 'restart' my PC through any OS, because it may not come back on. I don't think all of these things are all coincidences. Gigabyte has serious quality control issues with their motherboards. So, if you need help deciding between the Asus and the Gigabyte, I'd say go for the Asus, save yourself the problems. :thumbsup:

TJ,

So sorry to hear about your painful experience with Gigabyte!

I purchased the exact same motherboard last year and it has worked literally flawlessly ever since and I have been very, very pleased with it. I am not sure why you had trouble with yours...but sorry it did not work out for you!

I now exclusively use Gigabyte motherboards because their forum is so helpful and friendly too.

Official GIGABYTE Forum - Index

Here are some of the Gigabyte motherboards I have used in the past without any issues at all:

GA-990XFA-UD3
GA-890XA-UD3
P67A-UD3-B3

Hope this helps!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom