What brands are best for laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jorsoft03 said:
Okay it looks like you're right, the x1400s I saw at Dell all had a 128/128 split for the memory. I was justing looking at their site 3 or 4 weeks ago and I swear that wasn't the case, even the 1400 only had 64mb dedicated. Just make sure this is the case when you buy your lappy, click the "learn more" button and it'll give youa break down of your choices including memory.
The x1400 is a midrange card as far as laptop graphics go, there are some slower options and some faster ones. Should be fine as long as you're not trying to run Fear or Oblivion totally maxed. Just make sure oyu shop around at a few other places to guarentee you're getting the best price. I'd check HP, ABS and Avadirect and see if you can get the same thing for less there.

OK this is what i negotiated after cancelling my order twice lol.

Core 2 duo 1.83 GHz
2 gigs Ram
X1400 video
80 gig HD
true life screen.
3 year full service complete care accidental damage onsite warrenty

all for 1357 canadian before tax. I think anywhere else i would be paying 300-500$ more for an equivalent machine and warrenty...easy

Jumping_Bean514 said:
You can get a faster alienware for the price of an Apple. I donÂ’t understand where all your money is going in those things. I would say Ibuypower is a good brand if you donÂ’t mind non big name brands. Toshiba has cheap pre built systems that are good as well. If you want an all around computer from a big name company I would go HP. Dells seam ok but there components are cheap and there built like crap.

I would strongly recommend staying away from Apple of all things. They are way over priced, upgradeability is limited and everything apple is overpriced as well. For pure power to price ratio an apple computer falls way short. There quality might be slightly better then others (not all) but it doesnÂ’t justify the price tag by any means.

Find one, Core Duo 2.16Ghz, 2gb DDR2-667, X1600 w/ 265MB, built in camera, mic, bluetoothe, wireless, backlit keyboard, light sensors to automatically adjust screen brightness and keyboard backlight brightness, 15.4" widescreen 1440x900, 1" thick, remote control, and costs $2485 or less. That is what I paid for my Macbook Pro.

The General said:
Find one, Core Duo 2.16Ghz, 2gb DDR2-667, X1600 w/ 265MB, built in camera, mic, bluetoothe, wireless, backlit keyboard, light sensors to automatically adjust screen brightness and keyboard backlight brightness, 15.4" widescreen 1440x900, 1" thick, remote control, and costs $2485 or less. That is what I paid for my Macbook Pro.

Now theres a nice notebook. I miss Sam Jackson :-( lol

Conroe said:
I miss Sam Jackson :-( lol

lol

ENGLISH MOTHER@#$%ER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?
pf_sam.gif

Conroe said:
OK this is what i negotiated after cancelling my order twice lol.

Core 2 duo 1.83 GHz
2 gigs Ram
X1400 video
80 gig HD
true life screen.
3 year full service complete care accidental damage onsite warrenty

all for 1357 canadian before tax. I think anywhere else i would be paying 300-500$ more for an equivalent machine and warrenty...easy
Seems like a good deal to me then. I really don't like Dell but in general if you get a nicer model (like yours) from them they're okay. Most people who buy from Dell know absolutely nothing about computers and buy the cheapest pos they can and the always break. Seems fine to me and even if it does break a couple of times you're covered by their warranty so you should be all right. Looks good to me:)

In the new PCmag Apple and IBM got the best scores based off of reader review with HP and Gateway getting the worst reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom