What is the bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are you experiencing a bottleneck? As said nothing really noticeable cards are somewhat dated, and you could push the x6 higher also

Seems I definitely used bottleneck inappropriately. I was more so wondering what should be the next thing for me to upgrade to get the best bang for my buck.

ah, indeed you did. a bottleneck si when one piece of hardware bogs down another... for example if you have an old pentium processor and a current gen graphics card, the processor would severely limit the performance of the graphics card. that is a bottleneck...

what i would suggest doing is buying a 6970 or a 570 and sell your 5770s for $100 each to make up the cost... also get a CPU cooler ( if you dont already have one ) and overclock your processor, 3.8 to 4.0ghz is very tangible with that chip and you would have a very capable little rig!

with your powersupply i wouldnt suggest anything higher than a 6970 or a 570, any cards high than that might string out what your power supply can do a little too tight...

Thanks Sean :)

I'm worried about overclocking the chip to that much though, I've tried to get it to 3.5 but my computer would shut down when I restarted it. That's probably just me doing something wrong though.

A 6970 would be worthwhile upgrade over my crossfired cards currently? If so that's great :)

your crosffire 5770's score 16423 points in 3dmark Vantage...

a 6970 scores 21491 and a GTX 570 scores 21931 in the same the 3dmark Vantage benchmark...

You do have a bottleneck, your cpu @ 2.8 GHz. You need to increase your cpu speed by at least 1 GHz.

agree, i wouldent bother with six cores that much and worry more about the speed of them as games will not take advantage of all the cores in a long time from now

All right, in the past when I've increased my fsb to anything that put the Ghz over 3.5, my computer would shut itself down. Do i need to increase the voltage or something? My overclocking knowledge is rather limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom