What is the best TV Tuner card you know of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

Just curious as to what model is a good TV tuner card. I presently own and use a Hauppauge 1600. It works pretty good. The digital movies it records have incredible detail, but the files are like 14 GB per 2 hour movie. The analog portion works pretty good too.

Windows Media Player will not play the digitally captured movies. Only the audio plays. VLC media player is choppier than the Pacific ocean on a real windy day when I attempt to play a digitally captured movie. My Studio 10 plus will not even recognize my digitally captured movies. Guess what works?

Nero 7 Ultimate plays these digitally captured movies well, but sometimes it will do an error message and shut down my entire system. I still use Nero to play these captured movies because nothing else works and I have never seen such incredible detail before [this is my first exposure to the digital side of TV]. Two nights ago I recorded and watched IROBOT and that was absolutely incredible! WOw!

I have only tried the Kworld TV tuner card before this Hauppauge. The Kworld was nearly free but it was junk [audio never really sync'd with the video.]

Sometimes the Hauppauge doesn't sync so well too.

Anyone have any better luck than I? Should I wait another 5-10 years until some company designs and manufactures a nicer card?

Please let me know!

It is me,

Not-so-fast-Freddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom