what is the best MotherBoard and CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two CPU's in one.

You must not be up to date on current PC hardware, Dual core is the newest latest and greatest. Two CPU's in One, like hyperthreading but 10x better, since it contains two PYSICAL cores.

AMD's Dual Cores are more expensive than Intel's, but they're also 10x times faster/better. They communicate MUCH MUCH faster, and they're not starved for memory bandwidth like the Pentium-Ds are.

Basically, Dual Core AMDs (X2s) beat Dual Core Intels (Pentium-Ds) in those applications in which Single Core Pentium-4s excel, and every other application known to man :classic:.

sup man??

i don't mean (bill gets) really:D

i say open but not open open ...;)

dual is very expansive

i think 3.2 or 3.8 AMD Athelo is better than 2.8 and better than p4

DJ-CHRIS said:
K8N Neo-2's are AGP boards, the K8N Neo4's are PCI-E boards, MSI makes them and their pretty damned good.

Ill 2nd that. Ive got the K8N Neo4. ITs a pretty nice overclocker. It aint the DFI, but its not bad and its cheaper. Only 2 gripes...the northbridge fan is a little close the PCIE slot, a little too clsoe for comfort. Im always worried it might chew the gfx card up. ALso, its a little weird with RAM. You cant use 4 sticks of DDR 400. If u do, it'll freeze up and make beeping noises. U can use 2 sticks of DDR 400, or 4 of DDR 333, but not 4 of DDR 400.

pop999 said:
HI !

I had Motherboard (shuttle) and cpu (Intel celereon 1.2GHz).. but it's broken (exactly: bios broken)

so i will buy new ones but i think between (Athelon AMD 64 3.2 or 3.8GHz AMD Inter Pentium4 3.4GHz) i think Athelon is better than Pentium !

MotherBoard .. i think MSI is good , but i don't know exactly.

for meomry i will buy 1GB DDR , but my frind tell me (2x 512MB) is better.

Note: I use computer for: Internet , Office , Graphics (ex: photoshop) , Design Video (ex: adobe premire , pinncle , video studio) , some games , script (ex: visual basic) , some designs 3D (ex: 3D Max) , i forget:D .
There's no short answer, here. Buying a motherboard is like buying a car. If you buy just for the looks or heresay, you'll be disappointed.

My suggestion to you is that if you're going to be buying a motherboard, you should do some research on what exactly that entails before YOU make the decision on what to buy. Knowing what you want to do, what hardware you have to go with the board (or what you are going to buy for the board), makes a lot of difference in the board you choose (especially if you're on a budget).

The most expensive board is never the best board. What is good for one person, is not necissarily good for another. You are talking about replacing a significant part of the PC and I seriously recommend you take the time to do some research and learning before you proceed. Once you have, you'll be able to narrow things down on your own. If you get things down and come to two or three boards, we can help you then.

pop999 said:
I have unlimted money (cuz i'm bill gets:D) ...
Who's 'bill gets'?

i would have to say either a MSI K8N NEO4-F or a DFi nF4 ultra-D and a 3700+ san diego. or a 3000+ venice

ShoobieRat ....

1- i will buy MotherBoard .. i will not buy new house !!

2- i was write what me will do in computer

I am not going to pick a motherboard for you.

For starters, this is something you should be able to work out for yourself. Like I said, if you get stuck on a couple models, or need some help with a particular feature, we can help. Otherwise, you have to do the main searching yourself.

Second, if you do not know enough to do this, then I have doubts that you know enough to be doing what you're doing. You're going to run into serious problems if you don't know what you're dealing with. Which is why I suggested you do some research first.

just to clear up pop999 about AMD and Intels: dont make comparisons between the two brands on their clock speeds (2.5GHz, 3.2GHz etc.), despite the fact that AMDs have lower clock speeds than intels, they are faster. Also, the AMDs model number dusnt mean the clock speed (and AMD 3800+ dosnt run at 3.8GHz).

About the motherboard: I would go with any of the DFI Lanparty boards, very nice and excellent quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom