What 120mm fan do you recommend for an Antec H20 620 CPU Liquid Cooler?

If you only OC to 3.7ghz on that 2500k then a single fan is fine.

PPM,

I usually never overclock...I simply do not know enough about it and prefer to not place my system at risk. Now I might try it a little simply because there is this strange thing called UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) where I can click one button and it automatically selects the best three or four overclocking solutions. I am sure all of you know much more about this feature than I.

I slapped in the PSU, RAM, and connected some power cords and fired it up a couple of minutes ago for the very first time. I cannot even hear the CM 120mm Sickle Fan, yet it is running at 100%. So I suppose that is a very good sign. CPU temps showing 27C.

I probably will install the other CM 120mm Sickle Fan simply because I have a bunch of them laying around doing absolutely nothing and who knows, it may cool my system even more.

Gotcha. I know with the Koolance rads, they have a super dense FPI, it's like 30 or something crazy. I figure with those you probably have to be a bit choosy with with fans, since they need more pressure to push the air through, but this one doesn't seem too dense.

Well, I forgot to measure the FPI, but I will next time I find time to work on this system.

No none of these cheap AIO solutions are real dense. They are made to use anything on them.

Hey, are you calling my marvelous, beautiful, snazzy looking, really high tech Antec H20 620 a "cheap AIO solution"?

Darn, and here I thought I was putting together a new dream machine that would be the best rig I have ever build in my entire life!

Oh well!

Soar

Last edited:
PPM,

I usually never overclock...I simply do not know enough about it and prefer to not place my system at risk. Now I might try it a little simply because there is this strange thing called UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) where I can click one button and it automatically selects the best three or four overclocking solutions. I am sure all of you know much more about this feature than I.

I slapped in the PSU, RAM, and connected some power cords and fired it up a couple of minutes ago for the very first time. I cannot even hear the CM 120mm Sickle Fan, yet it is running at 100%. So I suppose that is a very good sign. CPU temps showing 27C.

I probably will install the other CM 120mm Sickle Fan simply because I have a bunch of them laying around doing absolutely nothing and who knows, it may cool my system even more.

Well, I forgot to measure the FPI, but I will next time I find time to work on this system.

Hey, are you calling my marvelous, beautiful, snazzy looking, really high tech Antec H20 620 a "cheap AIO solution"?

Darn, and here I thought I was putting together a new dream machine that would be the best rig I have ever build in my entire life!

Oh well!

Soar
Well just know that idle temps are not important at all unless they are unusually high. For any kind of system the load temp is where you need to look at. My 2500k didn't load more than 60c with the turbo running at 4ghz and a single fan on my H50. Like I said though, if you are running stock a single fan will keep it cool enough and a stock 2500k is plenty for almost anything you do right now.

Lol any of these solutions are cheap and easy compared to custom water. A 60 dollar unit vs hundreds of dollars on water parts and then the hassle of making your loop and leak testing ect. I now prefer these over the large tower coolers though.

Back
Top Bottom