Well, here's my computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start by saying that an E6300 is FAAAR from a piece of crap. The article I linked (guess you didn't check it out) detials how they got an E6400 with aftermarket cooling running faster than a stock E6800 (E6300 is capable of near the same performance, that is why they are bang for your buck CPU's, bceause not everyone can afford a $800+ CPU.)

Well, I like the E6300 and E6400, now knowing they are capable of good gaming..

Can you please give me some sites where I could BUY a computer, for about $1k?? I already know of Dell, I don't want an HP, they suck for gaming.. and Alienware is just over priced hardware..

Please someone hook me up with some sites..

I can't recommend any OEM's, as I prefer to know what it is I am buying before I shell out my cash to find the hardware is cheap, proprietary, and made by the lowest bidder.

DELL would probably be your best bet if you are needing monitor and everything bundled to be sub-$1000.

(BTW, Dellienware is now owned by Dell).

DELL XPS 410... Thats thier lowest end XPS that I saw, starting at $999.00

You think I should buy the XPS 410 as configured? Will that atleast last me about 2-3 years, playing games like Battlefield 2, Counter-strike, Americas Army, and other shooters?

I don't know about the graphics card, but I'm sure you can play those games on medium settings. If you want them on high settings, you better invest in a graphics card to replace that one.

Something as simple as a 7600GT would be able to run those games on max with no lag.

Edit: If mail-in-rebates are your thing, I found one that's $99 (after rebate) for a 7600GT. That's an excellent price for such a great card!

Great, I'll buy the XPS 410, and then upgrade the GFX card through newegg. :D Thanks man.

It would be easier than building one, especially at my age with no money coming in, and not having the MOST knowledge about computers, however I do know a lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom