weird eSATA pci card problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default weird eSATA pci card problems

Hi guys,

first time post, would appreciate anyyy help, i have spend days trying to fix this. lots of hope less googling has been done.

I am trying to install an eSATA pci express card (**also tried an eSATA pci card, but had the same problems) so I can use my My Book external hard drive.

When my computer detects the eSATA card, it first detects it as a RAID controller, but then it detects it as a PCI Modem instead. My current hard drive is SATA, and is connected to the on board SATA controller (Via vt6421 drivers).

Is the conflict with the onboard controller?

also, now even with the card not in the computer, it still is trying to install a pci modem.

I have no idea why its doing this, any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: weird eSATA pci card problems

what does your manual say? does your product come with software?
does your manual say install software first or second?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

it says to install the hardware first than use the drivers on cd. There is no software installation with the drivers, just the files needed. But since the card is recognized as a pci modem (and sometimes audio driver); the drivers provided are not even recognized.

also just to mention again, this happened on both cards I attempted to install, one being a esata pci card and one being an esata pci express card (i originially thought the problem might be with my motherboards pci express slot.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

you have model numbers for all that you have?
model for card
and what os
Closed Thread