a weird 7800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I know it looks tempting but your going to be dissapointed with overclocking that card. I'm not sure if XFX has a lifetime warranty but I know e-VGA has one. Even if you overclock that card until it fries they'll give you a new one.

Both Cards Opionion

i have both the 6800GT OC and the 7800GTX, if you arnt playing any really strenuous games such as FEAR or anything i doubt you would really notice anything different between them. but listen to the Video Card Expert, stick with EVGA or BFG. although having the 7800GTX is a awesome to have on some games and just having the bragging rights to say to friends is neat, if you dont have the money, dont upgrade

what games do you plan on playing on it? as stated above, if you are playing lower-end games it's not worth upgrading... 6800GT is still a good card

The 6800GT really isn't that great of an option, the 6800GT is the same as the 6800GS in performance, except in higher resolutions. And you have to pay around $50-$75 more than the 6800GS. For only $25 more than the 6800GT, you can buy the 7800GT. So you see, your real options are the 6800GS or 7800GT.

I don't dislike XFX, infact it's nice they factory OC there cards by a large margin. I think it's nice that eVGA has such a great warranty program and excellent customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom